PART 52: | FAMILY IS POWER |

[NEW ORLEANS: 1912.]

Not long after Kol was undaggered, a war began brewing between the witches that were allied with Kol and Natali, and those who followed Klaus.

Kol and Natali intended to make dark objects, about whom they learned in Arabia. So they became friends with the two of New Orleans witches, Mary-Alice and Astrid.

・ • ・ • ・

In the dead of night strange things happen

In the dead of night the world goes cold

When the lights go out all around, whispers fill the air

In the dead of night, better hold on tight.

・ • ・ • ・

The cemetery of New Orleans was empty and quiet one night with mist coating the ground of the entire area. The stars shone brightly at the night sky and the wind was cold. It was all quiet and dark, except for the few lamps post with candles within that lighted the paths of cemetery.

Mary-Alice walked along the paths of the cemetery, wary of what was circling her. She knew she was not alone, especially with the cutting of wind reaching her ears. A whooshing sound behind her caused her to turn around, but she saw nothing, except the old stone walls of tombs. She turned around and continued in her way, but she was suddenly pushed against a stone wall. A gasp escaped her lips before her eyes settled on the figure of Kol, with a hand next to her head.

- Kol looked up from his hat as she sighed, "Just once, Kol Mikaelson, you might greet me like a gentleman?"

- Natali walked towards them, saying, "If you want a gentleman, you should have aligned with Elijah. But I'm not sure he is interested in witchy business."

- Kol pulled away from her and turned his attention to their business, asking, "Where is Astrid? I need two witches before the lessons can begin."

- "She thinks you can't be trusted. We've all heard the stories of how you use the witches and then discard them." Mary-Alice argued as she stared at Kol.

- "Lies." Kol sighed, "Propagated by my wicked family. I hold witches in high regard. You know, if Klaus says his way, you'll all be dead. This will be a vampire country, don't you want to keep you all in safe, for all the future generations of Claire's to come?" He knew he was getting to her by the pensive look on her face.

- "And besides Kol never used me, why would he do that to you and Astrid." Natali said convincing her more that they're telling the truth.

- Mary-Alice narrowed her eyes at them, saying, "Why are you two so keen to help us? What do you get out of this?"

- "As soon as we get rid of Klaus's witches, we are going to get rid of Klaus." Kol said and they were ready to lead her to the hideout that was only known to them, "Follow me, Mary Alice. We are going to change everything."

When they came at Kol's and Natali's Playhouse, Kol went to find Astrid so he can convince her that what Klaus said was a lie and to bring her there.

- Mary-Alice was looking around and then she asked, "I'm still not sure why you two need Astrid and me when you're a powerful witch."

- "Why not? Isn't it better working in a team?" Natali questioned looking at her and reading expressions on her face. She didn't even agree with what she just said, but she did it just because Kol wanted witches to work for them and they need to convince them that they can trust them.