Chapter 23

Leo is once again out on a business trip and will be back later tonight.
I find it apon myself to go into town. With the necklace Leo gave me, my scent will be masked so I will have no trouble.
I hope.
Today I dressed myself in a blue floral dress with my hair straight.

"Lady Anastasia, where are you going?" I was almost out the door before one of the guards, whose name is Harold, stopped me

"To town?" I give my best smile in hopes that he will let me go.
He eyes me suspiciously.
"I have been given orders not to let you out of my sight. I don't think King Vladius will approve of this." He surely was strict.
"But then maby you could join me? I will still be in your sight. Pretty please Harold." He frowns and I give my best puppy look.
He looks to the roof and mumbles before looking back at me.
"Allright, but if I feel that you are in danger in any way we leave."
"Thank you Harold! Now let's go." I couldn't contain my excitement as I run to the car.

The town is more beautiful than what I remember. "Miss please stay close to me." Harold begs while he runs after me.
"Then keep up Harold!"
The first place that I wanted to go in was an animal shelter. "Oeh lets go in there Harold."
I walk in and it looked so beautiful inside.
The walls are painted in a soft blue with white tiled floors. The ceiling is made out of wood, giving it a very peaceful, homey vibe.
On a wall behind the counter are photo's of the animals that they currently have.
There are treats, beds, collars, leashes, toys and all you need when you want to adopt or even buy something to support them.
"Welcome to the SaveHaven Rehabilitation Center, how can we help you today miss?" A lady at the counter greets.
She had candyfloss pink hair, little bit on the curvy side, but very cute. She had the brightest blue eyes and her eyeliners sure made it pop.
"Hello, I was wondering if I could maby look at the animals and maby help you out for today?" The lady's smile went through the roof. "Oh how wonderful! You picked the right day, today we arw bathing everyone and you are more than welcome to play with them afterwards."
"Oh how wonderful, I'm Anastasia and the man over there is Harold, we are delighted to help." The lady blushed when she looked at Harold, but he was totally dense about the situation. "It's good to meet you, I'm Merlia."
"Pleasure to meet you Merlia, now you can put me and Harold to work."
"Well then follow me please!"
She walks around the counter and goes down a hallway.
We follow until we come across what looked like the staff locker room.
There was rusted blue lockers, a long wooden bench in the middle and at the back was showers.
"Here is your uniforms, because that dress will not hold until the end of the day."
It was a simple blue overall that I gladly wore. Harold looked at it with a  very sceptical frown, but he eventually caved.

At the back there was alot of cages with pictures and writing below it. "Those are the stories of the animals." Merlia says. My heart already feels so cramped right now and reading these stories just made me tear up.
"Are you alright Miss?" Harold ask, I can see him slightly panicking.
"Oh I am fine Harold, just emotional. Now!" I clap my hands together with a big smile on my face. "Let's give them some much needed love!"