Lu Fengmian was not paying attention to what Tang Qingshan was talking about with the eunuch. In fact, his eyes were wandering around the palace. Although he had entered a world like this before, he had never had the chance to come out like this. It even made him surprised about just how big a palace could really be.

Taking a quick glance towards Tang Qingshan who was speaking with the eunuch, Lu Fengmian caught the eyes of a small little girl looking at him. He sent her a small smile, watching as the girl hurriedly turned away. The girl was a princess. Lu Fengmian didn't know who, but the past soul's memories were slowly resurfacing.

It was only when Tang Qingshan stopped that Lu Fengmian realized how far they had walked. Li Yu stood at the doors, pointing to the guard near the doors as the guard announced, "Eldest son of the Tang Family, Tang Junwang* has arrived."

The doors were opened, and Tang Qingshan and Lu Fengmian both walked in without a waver in their heart. Although, Lu Fengmian did take a step behind, to show that his status was not above Tang Qingshan's. No matter what he wanted to do, his status was not high. One wrong move would implicate him and Tang Qingshan.

"Long live Tang Junwang, may you live for ten thousand years."

Everyone turned their eyes towards them, the chattering slowly got quieter as they examined Tang Qingshan before their eyes turned to Lu Fengmian. As soon as they had assessed everything, they resumed their conversations.

Xiaoxi led Tang Qingshan and Lu Fengmian to their designated place, on the right next to the Emperor, showing just how high his status was and how much Mo Chou valued him.

As they took a seat, two maids were behind them, standing quietly and poised.

The Emperor had not arrived yet, it was only normal that he would be the last to arrive.

As Lu Fengmian took a seat to the right of Tang Qingshan, the maids didn't leave a moment as they poured a cup of tea for them.

Lu Fengmian observed everything, and in a low tone, he asked, "Who are all of these people? I can recognize most of them but there are a few new faces." Lu Fengmian sat elegantly, leaning in to speak with Tang Qingshan. Among all of these nobles and officials, he did not look out of place. His mannerism was perfect, and if anything, only his heavenly features were too outstanding.

Tang Qingshan grabbed the cup, looking at it carefully before he took a sip. In a whisper, he replied, "No need to bother learning of them. They aren't of any importance at the moment. Just focus on any weird movements, I'll take care of all the talking."

At this moment, from a few table to the right of them, a voice was heard. "Tang Junwang has come back from his long days at war. With victory achieved, His Majesty will definitely reward you."

Tang Qingshan turned to the man who had spoke. It was a man catching to his years, with a beard and a head of gray hair. Without a change in his expression, Tang Qingshan merely replied, "Duke Xiao's words are too heavy for me. It is merely my duty to protect this nation when I still have the chance to. It is a blessing to have cured His Majesty from this worry."

Xiao Weichan, a Duke of the first rank, laughed as his hand grabbed his beard, running his hand down it. "Tang Junwang, every word I've said is correct. You have successfully destroyed the Li's with a mere three weeks. It is only normal that you will receive a reward for such hard work."

"The Duke's word is correct. Tang Junwang has returned once more with another victory, it is only normal that a reward will be given to him." From another table, Fu Gongsun, a Duke of the third rank, echoed in turn. In his hand, he held a cup of wine, a maid standing by him and pouring more wind into his cup.