19

Kamira Marie Raines
East Harlem📍

"What about this one?" Amira asked showing her the matching outfits. They were currently trying to plan things out for their 18th. Amira wanted to go all out but Kamira being Kamira she didn't care if she stayed in the house and watched movies all night.

"No," Kamira shook her head. I don't like that one. "Why don't we just do the same colors instead of doing the exact same outfit," she suggested.

"But we always wear the same outfits," Amira pouted looking over at her.

"Well... maybe we change it up this year. We are going to be 18. We have our own style we should express it," Kamira shrugged.

"I guess your right," Amira sighed dramatically. "So we having a big party this year or no? I know you don't really like the big crowds and loud music and stuff."

"That's fine Mir," Kamira shrugged.

Amira nodded. "So I was talking to daddy and he said he'll pay for everything. We just have to tell him what we want and he'll get it. But... we can't do too much. Like we're on My Sweet 16 or something."

"Okay," Kamira shrugged. "You know I wasn't going to go all out anyways. I'm fine with anything."

"Mira," Amira whined. "I don't wanna feel or want you to feel like this just my party. I want you wanna have this party too. It is your birthday too, Kamira."

"I know Mir. You know I'm just not as much as a social person as you are and I really don't mind the party. Of course I'm gonna enjoy it. I'm sorry, I'll try to be more enthusiastic about."

Amira nodded smiling. She just wanted to have a party where they both could enjoy it. Each year they spent their birthdays together and always had a joined party and Amira didn't want it to change any time soon.

The both laid out ok Amira's bed scrolling through their phones. They both decided they needed a break from the whole party planning.

"Oh my gosh," Amira jumped up scaring Kamira.

"What?" Kamira scrunched up her face.

"L-look," Amira said handing her the phone. Kamira sat up grabbing the phone out her hand.

Kamira's heart dropped as she watched the video. "A 18 year old boy was shot outside of the gas station here minutes ago.  Let's all keep Zakani Wright and his family in our prayers."

"Mira," Amira called as she sat there in a daze.

Kamira was frozen she couldn't move, she couldn't talk, and she couldn't breathe. Zakani was shot was the only thing that was running through he head right now.

"T-take me to the hospital," Kamira stood grabbing her phone and shoes.

"Kamira, I-"

"Just take me to the hospital Amira!" She cried. "Please, please just take me to the hospital." Amira nodded standing up grabbing her keys and followed Kamira out the door.

Kamira couldn't help but let the tears flow down her face. She didn't know how to feel. All she knew was that she was hurt and wanted him to be okay. She needed to be okay.