6

Kamira Marie Raines
East Harlem📍

Kamira woke up the next morning hoping that yesterday was a dream, but of course it wasn't. She didn't even feel like moving out of bed, she was exhausted with the constant things going on in her life.

Cutting things off with Zakani again was a big step for her. She never was used to or like speaking her mind especially not in a negative way. Zakani needed to hear the things she said, that was for sure. She just didn't know if she went about it the right way.

She loved Zakani, when she first met him he was the sweetest and most amazing person to her. Even though they were never public, she didn't need the public affection that other relationships had. She just wanted him  and that's what she got... kinda.

She never really realized what their relationship was and that was toxic. She didn't realize that they were good for eachother. She just always thought all relationships have their problems and that was theirs.

But now she had come to realize the truth. What her sister was trying to tell her all along. Zakani wasn't good for her and she didn't see the changes Amira saw in her.

She began to lose weight, she couldn't sleep at night. She took less care of herself. She was just an all around mess. But it was worth if they were together.

Now... she was over the whole relationship. She wanted something, or someone good for herself. She needed to get herself together. She thought she loved Zakani but really he was just an attached she couldn't let go.

She didn't wanna realize that now, but now she was ready to say it. And get her life together, herself together, and be a better person. She wanted to loved herself when nobody else did.

She was ready to move on, first step, getting up and taking a well needed hot shower.

She closed her eyes as she let the hot water run down her back and face. Water was always her escape. As a child she loved to swim, it was her happy place.

She stepped out of the shower hearing her alarm go off. She didn't even realize she woke up before her alarm for school. She turned the alarm before walking back into the bathroom to finish her hygiene.

Once she was done she walked out of the bathrooms with the towel still wrapped around her body. Searching through her closet she settled on a pair on jeans and a graphic tshirt.

"Mira," she turned around seeing Amira in her doorway with the guiltiest look on her face.

"What?" Kamira asked turning back around.

"How'd you get home last night? Did you walk? I was calling you all night and I thought-"

"Zakani saw me walking and brought me home," she answered still with her back turned.

"Oh... okay. Look Mira, I'm sorry. Imaya was drunk she didn't know what she was saying-"

"Okay, Mira," she cut her off.

"Can you let me talk!?" She snapped.

"You've talked quit enough don't ya think," Kamira said finally turning around.