Chapter Sixteen

and....dun dun dun dun...here it is, the end. thanks for all the awesome feedback on this by the way :-) you could say it goes out with a bang..ha ha ha, yeah bad humor.

---------------

Jack frantically rang the buzzer that connected the main door of the apartment building to Lachlan's apartment. He had to talk to her, come hell or high water he was going to speak to her if it was the last thing he did. When Lachlan had asked who it was, Jack wasted no time telling her it was him, the second the door opened he dashed through it and headed for the elevator.

The elevator couldn't go fast enough for Jack. There was a lot that had to be said and be damned if he was going to waste a minute saying it. He didn't care if he had to stick around until dawn; he was determined to have Lachlan hear him out.

Lachlan cautiously opened her door, the second Jack knocked on it. The way he was knocking, it was a wonder he didn't break the door down on her. Staring at him, through her tired eyes Lachlan sighed.

"What is it, Barakat?" she questioned

No doubt he was back to make her life hell.

"Don't ask, just listen." Jack replied, shutting the door behind him as he entered the apartment. "I have a lot to say and I don't want to waste any time."

"Then say it!" Lachlan snipped

She had spent the better part of her day worrying about what she'd done, the last thing she needed was Jack there to yell at her. She already knew she'd screwed up, even worse she'd ruined his marriage along with it.

"Savannah and I are over." Jack announced

"Oh." Lachlan gave him a puzzled look. "What does that have to do with me?"

"Everything." Jack said, grabbing her arm and pulling her close to him.

Lachlan didn't have much time to comprehend. What was Jack going to do with her? The look on his face had scared her from the second he'd spoke. She hadn't been around the man much, but she assumed he was upset with her. When Jack's lips claimed hers Lachlan squealed and tried to push him away. This is what had got her into this mess!

"Jack!" Lachlan raised her voice

"Shut up, just shut up! Please, don't say a fucking word!" Jack ordered, his lips crashing against hers once more.

Lachlan's mind was spinning, as she wrapped her arms around his neck and encouraged him on. From the living room, to the bedroom clothing had been scattered through the tiny hall way of the apartment. Once in the bedroom, Jack made sure to rid Lachlan of any remaining clothing as he shoved her down on the bed.

"Jack, please." Lachlan's voice was soft. "Why are you doing this? What about Savannah?"

Ignoring her completely, he let his hand slide down her stomach, his fingers danced across the lower part of her abdomen. Lachlan inhaled a deep, sharp breath. It was pretty obvious that Jack had meant it, when he'd said his marriage was over.

Taking her breast into his mouth, Jack teased the nipple with his tongue. Pulling his attention away from one breast, he moved across her chest, making sure to give the other the same attention. Jack moved his hand further down her body. Rubbing the inside of her thighs, he let his fingers find her. Lachlan's body shuttered as he found her spot. Exploring her with his lips and hands, his fingers buried deep inside of her.

"Oh, Jack!" Lachlan gasped

Everything about this was wrong.

Her body went tense, clamping down around his fingers. Lachlan's heavy breathing told him that she was enjoying what he was doing, even if it was wrong. With a loud moan, her body shook slightly with pleasure.