Chapter 11: Goblins and Orcs

Violet POV

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" I saw the Goblin king say, he was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life. "Dwarves, Your Malevolence." A goblin said in front of us. "Dwarves?" The goblin king said surprised. "We found them on the front porch." The goblin said again. "Well don't just stand there, search them!" The goblin king yelled. Instantly there where goblin hands all over me. They stripped me of my sword and daggers. "Dammit." I muttered under my breath. "What are you do if in these parts? Speak!" The goblin king yelled. None of us said a single word. "Well then, if they will not talk, we'll make them squawk! Bring out the Mangler! Bring out the Bone Breaker! Start with the youngest." He said pointing directly at me. I was pulled into the center and a knife was at my throat. "Wait!" I heard Thorin yell. I the distraction I kicked the Goblin and ran back into the center of the dwarves and Kili and Fili wrapped a protective arm around me. "Well, well, well, look who it is. Thorin son of Thrain, son of Thror; King under the Mountain." The goblin king said. He bowed in a mocking way to Thorin then stopped, "Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a king. Which makes you nobody, really. I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just the head, nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak, an old enemy of yours. A Pale Orc astride a White Warg." He said. My eyes widened hearing this. "Azog the Defiler was destroyed. He was slain in battle long ago." Thorin said in disbelief. "So you think his defiling days are done, do you?" The goblin king says, he leaned over and spoke to a tiny little goblin in a basket. "Send word to the Pale Orc; tell him I have found his prize." He says before sending off the little monstrosity.

Suddenly the Goblin king started dancing and singing as goblins starting bringing torturing devices in. "Bones will be shattered, necks will be wrung! You'll be beaten and battered, from racks you'll be hung. You will lie down here and never be found, down in the deep of Goblin-town." He sang. I looked at Kili and Fili worried. We watched them rummage through our weapons, one goblin picked up Thorin's sword and drew it before screaming and throwing it. I watched the king push himself back onto his thrown in fear, "I know that sword! It is the Goblin-Cleaver, the Biter, the blade that sliced a thousand necks." He yelled. Suddenly I felt a whip crack on my face, cutting my cheek. "Slash them! Beat them! Kill them! Kill them all! Cut off his head!" The king yelled. I watched as they pushed Thorin down and held a sword over his neck, "Thorin!!" I screamed reaching for him only to be held back by goblins. Suddenly we where all blinded by a mass explosion of light. I squinted and saw that every goblin was knocked down including the king, and Gandalf stood there, looking at us. "Take up arms. Fight, FIGHT!" He yelled. I didn't hesitate to grab my sword and draw it, awing over the beautiful sword I began to slice through goblins like they where mear butter. I jumped and sliced the goblins holding Thorin down in half and pulled him up, handing him his sword. He looked at me in astonishment. "Follow me! Quickly! Run!" Gandalf yelled. I sprinted after the wizard with Thorin behind me. We ran down the wooden bridges and I spotted a goblin coming down from above. J kicked into my fighting instinct and ran slightly up the wall and jumped above it before stabbing my sword through it into the floor boards infront of the company. "Common!" I yelled before running once again. We all ran as fast as we could before a large heard of goblins ran our way. I looked at Dwalin who motioned to a large stick on the ground. We lifted it and charged shoving goblins off the both sides, clearing them easily. We stopped and saw goblins swinging from ropes. "Cut the ropes!" Thorin yelled. Kili jumped up and shot through them all in one shot. "Wow...nice one." I said smiling at Kili. We where all stopped when the Goblin king dropped out of nowhere. I stood at the front of the company, holding my sword. Thorin tried to pull me back but I smacked his arm away. The goblin king looked at me, "You thought you could escape me?" He said. I glared at him, "what are you going to do now? Hobbit." He said. I suddenly jumped for ward and stabbed the king in the eyes, causing him to striek in pain. I swung back around and sliced through his stomach. "Well...that'll do it." He said. I sliced at him one more time, cutting through his neck killing him. He falls deadweight on the bridge causing it to collapsed and all of us riding down it it. I screamed and clung to Bofur who was holding onto a wooden post. We crashed on the bottom, all alive and well. I rolled off and tried to pull Dwaljn out who was stuck along with some of the others. "Well that could have been worse." Bofur said. I jumped back before the goblin king fell on top of them. "You've got to be joking!" Dwalin yelled. I helped pull them out of the rubble and heard Kili yell. "Gandalf!" He yelled pointing at the thousands of goblins coming down towards us. "There's to many! We can't fight them!" Dwalin yelled. "D-daylight!" I yelled. "What?" The company asked. "Goblins hate sunlight! They won't follow us! We have to get out!" I said. "Right you are Violet! Come on! On your feet!" Gandalf said. We ran following Gandalf.