Chapter 6: Nightmares and Trolls

Violet POV

I could feel his hands trailing up my waist, his hot breath on my neck and the feeling of my back against the wall. I cried and screamed...but no noise came out. I pushed and scratched him but nothing works. I felt his hands slide into my pants and squeeze my butt. I kicked and kneed him as hard as I could but nothing working. I felt his hands come towards my front and his other hand go towards my breast...there was nothing I could do...I felt him sl-

"AHHHHHHHHHHH" I shot up and screamed. I stopped and froze. Tears where rushing down my best red face. I looked and saw the startled and worried looks of the company. "Lass what's wrong?!? Are ya hurt?!" Bofur asked coming towards me. I violently scooted away from him. "S-stay away!" I cried before turning and scraping onto my feet and running down the path into the woods.

I ran and ran until I felt my lungs where going to burst. I clung to a tree and held my stomach. I could still feel his hands all over my body...it made me was to throw up. I emptied my stomach of whatever was in there and coughed. "Violet!!" I heard the dwarves yelling. "Come back!!!" I stopped and didn't move. I wiped the tears away from my face and caught my breath. "...your thousands of miles away from me...and yet I still feel your disgusting presence..." I whispered clutching my stomach. I climbed up into a rock and looked down to see the dwarves searching franticly. I sighed and layed on my back for a moment. I calmed my heart and my breathing before sitting up. 'I need to apologize' I thought.

I climbed off the rock and snuck back over to them. Fili was the first to spot me. "Violet!" Fili ran to me to hug me before I freaked and ducked out of the way causing him to hit a rock instead. "I'm so sorry!!" I squealed. He sat up and rubbed his nose. "I'm fine, are you okay?" He asked. All the dwarves looked at me concerned. "Y-yes...I'm fine." I said offering my hand to Fili. I helped him up then immediately let go. "I'm sorry I woke you all...I-I didn't mean to." I said before biting my sleeve and looking at the ground. "Give her some space. Go! Now!" I heard Thorin yell. His booming voice struck fear into my chest. He walked very close to me, "Violet, did you have a nightmare?" He asked. I wasn't about to lie to him, so I nodded. "What was it about?" He asked calmly. I shook my head. I backed up against the wall and he had his hand above my head on the rock. "Violet. Tell me. I promise, i won't do anything to you." Thorin said. I looked at the ground. "A man..." I said. "A man? Who? What where they doing?" He asked. I felt tears well up in my eyes even thinking about it. I covered my face and shook violently. I felt Thorin start to gently hug me however my instincts kicked in and I punched him in the stomach before backing away from him. He coughed and looked at me. I was at loss for what to do. "Why did you do that?!" He asked angry. "I-I I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I'm just...I'm sorry!!!" I cried as I slid my back down the wall and tucked my knees into my chest hiding myself. "It's alright...I'm sending Bilbo over here." He said. I didn't respond. "Violet? What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Bilbo asked franticly as he came towards me. I shook my hand and stood. "Just...issues...nothing to worry about." I said as I walked by him clutching my sweater sleeve. I packed all my things and got onto my horse and waited for the dwarves to be ready.

Soon enough all the dwarves where back to their merry routy selves and I stayed quiet riding along side Thorin. "Mr. Oakenshield...?" I said. "Yes?" He said not looking at me. "I really am sorry for hitting you...I didn't mean to..." I said glancing at him from the corner of my eyes. "It's alright, not like I really felt it." He said. I smiled slightly, "good." I said quiet but happy as I rode my horse.

We stopped at a place to camp for the night, only Gandalf thought otherwise. "I think it would be best if we moved on." Gandalf said looking at Thorin. "We could make for the hidden valley." Gandalf said. "I have told you already, I will not go near that place." Thorin said. "Why not? The elves could help us. We could get food, rest, advice" Gandalf said urging Thorin. "I do not need their advice." Thorin said stubbornly. "We have a map that we cannot read. Lord Elrond could help us." Gandalf said, I could tell he was starting to get irritated. "Help? A dragon attacks Erebor, what help came from the Elves? Orcs plunder Moria, desecrate our sacred halls, the Elves looked on and did nothing. You ask me to seek out the very people who betrayed my grandfather and betrayed my father." Thorin said angrily. "You are neither of them. I did not give you that map and key for you to hold on to the past." Gandalf replied. "I did not know that they were yours to keep." I covered my mouth in surprise of Thorin's response. I watched Gandalf start to stomp off angrily. "Everything alright? Gandalf, where are you going?" Bilbo asked concerned. "To seek the company of the only one around here who's got any sense." Gandalf said annoyed. "Who's that?" Bilbo asked innocently. "Myself Mr Baggins! I've had enough dwarves for one day." Gandalf yelled before stomping back. I walked by Bilbo and Bofur. "Is he coming back?" I asked. Bofur just smiled and shrugged.