Chapter 22

Micheal didn't feel good, but he collected his wits and remained cool. Magkasalubong ang mga kilay na tinitigan niya nang matiim si Mia.

"You don't wana marry me?" he asked in a cold but dangerous tone.

"Yes!" kaagad na sagot ng babae. "I will not marry you, Micheal! I'm not yet out of my mind so the answer is NO!"

Mas lalong nasagi ang ego niya. But he damned well knew how to play his cards well.  He shifted his weight to his other leg. "Look, I'm giving you a choice here, Mia. But if you choose not to cooperate, well," he shrugged, "you'll never get to see Jasmin again."

"That's unfair!" she fumed. "Are you blackmailing me, huh, Micheal?"

Patuya siyang ngumiti rito. "What do you think?" He cocked his head.

"Damn you!" Deep crimson colors dashed on her cheeks due to anger. Her eyes sharpened as if she wanted to knock him off with the fire in her eyes alone.

"I'm willing to compromise with you this time around, Mia. I'm hoping that you would give your cooperation, too. If you really care about Jasmin's wellbeing, and that you want the best for her, all you have to do is accept my offer. Marry me, and we'll join hand-in-hand in nurturing Jasmin. Take it or leave it. It's your call."

"This is absurd!" she exclaimed with a look of rebellion on her face, but the fire in her eyes slowly flickered and faded. "You know what, we can compromise, but not like this. Puwede naman nating paghatian ang custody kay Mama. Puwede naman tayong sabay na mag-alaga sa kanya-"

"I don't want to take chances, Mia," kaagad na putol niya rito. "I don't know what's running in your mind. I don't know what really are your plans. This is the only option that I'm offering to you. I'll have legal control over you once you become my wife. Again, it's either you'll have to marry me, or you can completely forget about Jasmin. Puwede kang maghabol sa korte. Pero ano pa ang magagawa mo kung nasa malayo na ang ina mo? I'll take her to the end of the world just to keep you away from her." Naghahamon ang tinging iginawad niya rito.

"Gago ka talaga, Micheal!" galit na galit na singhal nito sa kanya.

Lihim siyang napakislot sa malutong na mura nito. But that was it. Her bloody curses wouldn't change a thing. He had already made up his mind.

"You're blackmailing me! Damn you!"

"Yes, I am!" he snapped at her. "But come to think of it. You'll gain a lot of things if we compromise, Mia. Marrying me means gaining access to the Travilla fortune. You'll have money, status, and a family. Not a bad thing, right?" He tried his best to let Mia see his goddamn worth.

"Not when I'm marrying someone like you, Micheal!" she scowled at him, eyes looking at him with disapproval. "At huwag mong ipagmalaki sa akin ang kayamanan mo. I can work to earn my own money. Bakit, kapag namatay ba ako ay madadala ko sa libingan iyang kayamanan mo?"

Drat! He really sucked at selling himself. Well, he didn't need to sell himself to anyone. They knew his worth. Except for this goddamn woman!

Habang mas tumatagal ang naging pag-uusap nila ni Mia ay mas lalo lamang nasusugatan ang ego niya. And he hated it. No bloody woman had ever done this to him but Mia.

He was tagged as the most eligible bachelor in his territory, in his hometown. Girls go gaga over him. But this one heck of a strong-willed, hard-headed woman took him as if he was a big liability when he was certainly an asset. And she was slowly eating up his patience.

Inabot niya ito. His arm draped around her shoulder. She shuddered in his arm, and his mouth twisted in amusement. Ah... the chemistry between them was palpable. Hindi lamang siya ang nakakaramdam niyon. She could feel it, too.

"Let go of me!" Kaagad na pinalis nito ang kamay niya na nasa balikat nito. But he tightened his grip.

"Oh, and one more thing, Mia," he softly whispered as he held her gaze. "You'll also enjoy a life full of pleasure with me. We'll have great s3x together, I assure you of that. I'll make you come multiple times every fvcking day of our lives-"

"Bastos!" she shrieked. Mabilis pa sa alas-kuwatrong umigkas ang kamay ng babae at lumagapak na naman sa pisngi niya.

"Sh1t!" he cussed aloud. She slapped him harder this time around. Nabitawan niya ang babae. For a moment, his vision became hazy.

"Ang bastos mo talaga, Micheal! Ang gago mo pa!" nanggagalaiting hiyaw nito sa kanya.

Nagngalit ang mga bagang niya. Galit na galit na siya ng muling bumaling sa babae. Mukhang nasasanay na itong sampal-sampalin siya. Wala pang taong pinagbubuhatan siya ng kamay. And he had to put a stop on that. His face wasn't made to be a slapping bag, for fvck's sake!

"One more slap from you, and I'm gonna fvck you till the last ounce of your strength, Mia," nagbabaga ang mga matang babala niya sa babae.

Napaatras ito. Natakot yata sa sinabi niya. Well and good. Dahil hindi siya magdadalawang-isip na gawin ang babala niya kung magkakamali na naman itong pagbuhatan siya ng kamay. Masyado nang nabugbog ang pisngi niya!

"Get out, Micheal! Get out and leave me alone!" pagtataboy nito sa kanya.

He was fuming when he walked to the door. He held the door knob, but he pivoted his body to face her again.  "The offer still stands, Mia," he said calmly, eyes hooding at her. "Pag-isipan mong mabuti. You know where to find me should you change your mind. But you have to decide fast, before I move on to my next plans."

He turned the knob and opened the door. "Good night, Mia..." He gave her one last glance and walked out of her cottage.

Ilang beses siyang napamura nang malutong habang papalayo sa cottage ni Mia. Nananakit ang pisngi niya. Mukhang kailangan yata niya iyong lagyan ng ice compress mamaya at baka maging kulay talong bukas.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ayan, guys! Nag-offer na ng kasal si Micheal. Just don't mind the way he proposed. Nyahahaha! So what's next? What would be Mia's next move? Papayag kaya siya sa alok ni Micheal? May kasalan kayang mangyayari? Abangan sa susunod na update!

But for now, don't forget to VOTE and write a COMMENT.

Thanks a lot!