Chapter 3

For awhile, Mia was shocked by the unexpected turn of events. A moment ago, she was consumed by vile hatred that she had for her mother. Sa pagmamadaling makabalik sa kanyang cottage ay hindi niya napansin ang lalaking nasa tagiliran lamang pala niya. In lightning speed, she smashed into his sturdy body and bounced towards the pool.

Bumulusok sa ilalim ng tubig ang kanyang katawan.  And she took the man with her. Their body collided under the water but the water pressure mitigated the impact.

For a brief moment that she opened her eyes under the water, she saw the man’s face, but it was blurry. A ray of light flickered around him under the water.

She swam away from him as she struggled to get her head out of the water. The oxygen in her lungs was fast depleting and she needed to breathe.

Naramdaman niya ang mga brasong pumulupot sa kanyang baywang, pushing her forward. And when her head finally emerged from the water, she took a lungful of breaths.

“Are you okay?”

The deep voice that filled her ears made her open her eyes. Noon niya nakitang kaharap niya ang lalaki at nakapulupot ang mga braso nito sa basang katawan niya. She really couldn’t see his face clearly. The afternoon sun was shining behind him and all that she could see was his silhouette.

They were floating in the water but the touch of his hands around her skin made her shiver, not with cold but with flaming heat. Tila nakakapaso ang mga palad nito. Her instinct was to push him and she did. Kaagad na lumangoy siya palayo rito nang pakawalan siya ng lalaki.

She swam to the shallow part of the pool. She was gasping when her leg touched the floor and the water level was just past her chest.

            “Sa susunod ay mag-iingat ka nang hindi ka nakaka-agrabyado ng ibang tao.”

            Her body stiffened as she heard that deep, masculine voice again. At malapit lang iyon sa kanya. Parang nasa likuran lamang yata niya. Did he follow her?

            She spun around to face the man. This time, his face was in full display. At lihim na nahigit niya ang hininga sa nakita. My, but the man was drop dead gorgeous!

            He was tall with broad shoulders. Umaabot lamang sa baywang nito ang tubig sa pool na halos ay umaabot hanggang sa leeg niya. Dark-skinned and very handsome. He was probably the most handsome spawn of Adam that she had ever seen in her twenty-six years of existence.

            She didn’t expect that. Ang lalaking nakabanggaan niya at kasabay na nahulog sa pool ay napakaguwapo pala. At hindi niya mapigilan ang sarili na mas lalo pang pagmasdan ito.

The man had thick, arrogant eyebrows and the drops of water on them made him even more appealing. His eyes were dark, made even darker by the rows of thick, long lashes. Mas mahaba pa yata ang mga pilik-mata nito sa kanya. But it didn’t make him look less of a man. In fact, it added more manly appeal to the way that he was looking at her – smoldering.

He pressed his lips together, drying the tiny sprinkles of water that clung there.

Mia swallowed hard. Her sight riveted to his lips. His upper lip was thin, but his lower lip was full. And based from what she had read somewhere, it symbolizes sensuality.

And the man was indeed sensual. The way he dried the water on his lips made her throat go dry.

Was he a great kisser, too?

            A gust of wind passed by and the chill pulled her wandering mind back. Bahagya siyang namula nang ma-realize ang tumatakbo sa kanyang isipan. Did she just fantasize on this man, this stranger who looked so mouthwatering in front of her?