Chapter Sixteen: Coming Clean

It's been a few weeks since I left the hospital. Joseph has given me paid time off which isn't necessary. What he doesn't know is that I'll be at work tomorrow with Cherish. Besides that, he's been slowly, but surely rebuilding his reputation back up. He's done countless interviews regarding the affair and expresses deep regret about hurting Julia and I. What a bunch of bullshit. I don't know who Chad hired while I quit, but they sucked. As for that mysterious person that came to my hospital room while I was sleeping, I have no doubt in my mind that it was Cody. I just need proof that it's definitely him.

"Mommy's coming Cherish," I say softly as her cries get louder. I pick her up in my arms and sooth my beautiful daughter.
"It's okay, daddy will be here soon," I coo.
"Jas?" I hear Joseph call.
"In the nursery," I say. I hear his loud footsteps as he gets near and look up to see him leaning against the door frame.
"I never got the chance to tell you about what happened while I was at the hospital," I mention. "I'm almost certain Cody was there and took pictures of Cherish's birth certificate."
"Why would he do that?" Joseph asks.
"Because you signed it saying you're her father," I answer. "If that gets out, your already fragile reputation will crumble in an instant."
"I'll handle it. Cherish and I are going to go on a little daddy-daughter date," he says while taking her. "Now you'll have time for yourself."
"Joseph wait. What are you going to do?" I ask curiously.
"You'll see soon enough."
——————————
At the studio
Joseph's pov

I set Cherish's carrier on the couch and start setting up my camera. Cody can't use those pictures against me if I come out clean first. I turn my computer on and make sure to lock the studio door. I press the record button and sit on the chair.
"Hey guys, it's me SoMo. There's something I want everyone to know that's been eating away at me. I hate keeping secrets and lying so here it goes; I have another child from another woman. Her name is Cherish and I'm so in love with her and her mother. Her mother was my mistress and for four entire months, I didn't know she was pregnant. I don't regret having an affair because, to be honest, I'm deeply in love with her. I don't love Julia, I haven't for a while. I was living off of a lie, something to make me look better and to fix my reputation which I care very little about at this point. If you still want to be a fan of mine that's great, and if not that's fine too. Just know that I'm going to start living an honest life from here on out," I explain. Cherish coos in the background and I grab the camera and walk over to her.

"This is my daughter. She's so beautiful, she looks exactly like her mother," I say happily. "I know what I did was wrong, and I'm going to fix it no matter how long it takes." I turn the camera off and quickly upload it to my YouTube channel for millions to see.
"I can't believe I just did that," I say to myself. "Well, now it's time to go pack my stuff baby girl." Cherish giggles and starts blowing spit bubbles at me. Ah, she makes everything great.
—————————
At Joseph's house

As I walk in my house, I'm greeted by my two dogs. I haven't been paying much attention to them, but that's going to change. I walk into the living room and set the carrier on the floor and to my surprise I see Julia sitting on the steps with a bottle of liquor.
"You know I honestly thought you were joking when I read the title of your video. 'My other child'," she slurs. "And you bring her to the house."
"I'm just here to get my things, and my son if you're going to drink all night," I clarify.
"You're not taking my son Joseph," she says getting defensive.
"Jules it's just for today," I assure her.
"Cody was right about you," she scoffs. "You never deserved me. I should've stayed with him while I had the chance!" She yells while throwing her engagement ring at me.
"How could you do this to me?! To us?!" Julia wails.
"I'm not going to have this talk with you while you're drunk," I say. I take Cherish upstairs with me and start packing my things. After I've packed a decent amount of clothes, I text Chad to come over to help me get JJ.

Me: At the house. Jules is drunk and I need help getting JJ out of here.

Chad: On the way.

I slide my phone in my pocket and make my way to JJ's room and lock myself in there with Cherish.
"Hey bud," I beam. He smiles happily and puts his arms up so I can take him out of his crib.
"Wow, this is the first time you've met your little sister," I whisper to him. "She's cute isn't she?"
"Dada!" JJ giggles. I sit him down next to her carrier and start packing some of his clothes, while I'm doing that I hear Julia yelling downstairs.
"Chad what the fuck are you doing here?"
"I just came to help Joseph get his things," I hear him say while running up the stairs. I put JJ in his carrier and unlock the door handing my kids to Chad. We both walk down the stairs and Julia notices JJ.
"Joseph I said—"
"I don't care. I'm doing what's best for him. He doesn't need to be around you when you're emotional and drunk," I say firmly. "You can get him tomorrow."
"Joseph!" I walk out of the house without answering her. I help Chad fasten the kids in and I swiftly grab my bags and put them in my trunk.

"Thanks for helping me," I tell Chad.
"No problem man. I hope everything works out for you and Jasmine," he says.
"I think Jasmine just wants to stay friends," I say sadly.
"I doubt it. She talks about you a lot," Chad admits. "She's in love with you."
"You think she'll want to be with me after all of this?"
"Definitely. You're the perfect guy for her. You know I only hired her as a way to get closer to her and have Jasmine eventually fall in love with me," Chad confesses. "But somehow you managed to swoop in and get her. Just... Treat her good."
"I will Chad. I promise."