Chapter Ten: It's Over

Joseph has been completely ignoring me ever since the Colorado trip. He can't blame me for his son arriving six weeks early, but he is. I'm just going to have to let this ride out until he's over it and realizes that he can't be mad at me. I requested the day off today since I've been feeling a little bit under the weather these past few days now. Chad is coming over with some food and wine to cheer me up.
  "Jasmine it's me," Chad says while knocking.
  "It's open," I call out.
  "How are you feeling?" he asks while opening the door.
  "Not too bad. I ate some leftovers and threw that up an hour ago," I answer.
  "Well I brought your favorites." He pops the wine open and pours me and himself a glass. He places the food on the coffee table, then hands me my glass. I take a deep inhale as I always do before drinking it. The bitter sweet aroma usually smells delicious and makes me feel euphoric, but something is different. I stand up quickly, dropping the glass of red wine and running to my bathroom. I vomit violently to the point where I'm trembling. Chad walks in rubbing my back then helps me off of the toilet.
  "You must have food poisoning or something," he comments.
  "Probably. I need to eat something, my stomach is empty, I say weakly while splashing water on my face.
"I can make you soup. Go lay on the couch," Chad insists. I slowly make my way over and plop down on the couch. I bury myself inside my favorite plush blanket while Chad goes to the kitchen.

"Jasmine there's something I've been meaning to tell you," he says. I poke my head out and watch him from kitchen.
"There's something I want to tell you as well," I mumble. I hear the click of the water boiler turning on and him rummaging to find a pot in the cabinet.
"Do you wanna go first or should I?" Chad questions.
"You go first," I respond. Chad sits next to me placing my legs on his lap.
"I don't want this to change our friendship okay?"
"Okay."
"Jasmine I'm in love with you. I have been for the longest time and I wanted to tell you just in case some guy takes you away from me for good," he confesses.
"A-are you serious?" I stutter.
"Yes I am."
"Chad..."
"Don't give me that pity tone Jas. It's fine if you don't feel the same way about me. What did you want to tell me?"
"It's my fault Joseph missed his son's birth," I admit.
"How? He said there wasn't good service where you guys were," he says clearly confused.
"Chad, Joseph and I weren't on a business trip. We.. We went on a romantic getaway?" I stammer.
"Wait, what?"
"We've been sleeping together. I-I know I should end it, but I can't. I think I'm falling for Joseph," I explain. Chad puts his face in his hands and groans loudly. He taps his foot excessively on my floor then gets up.

   "You need to end it with him," he hisses.
  "Chad I can't—"
  "If you don't tell I'll tell him for you. I can't believe you would stoop that low Jasmine."
  "You can't tell him," I mumble.
  "Watch me. I'm giving you a week" He opens my front door and slams it shut causing my walls to shake. Fuck why did I tell him?
——————————
The next day

As I walk in my office I notice a cd with a note on my desk. The note reads "Confess your sins or else."
"J-Joseph!" I calls out.
"What's wrong?" he asks rushing in.
"Someone's watching us," I tremble. I put the cd in my computer and the soft sounds of us moaning fill the office. I hit the skip button on accident and the next piece of evidence plays.
"That's us talking in the car on our way to Colorado," Joseph says. "Someone's really spying on us, but why?"
"Because they know about us," I answer.
"What are we gonna do?" I gulp hard trying to form a sentence letting him know that we have to stop sleeping together but nothing comes out. My throat gets really dry and my palms start to sweat.

   "I think we should end this," I mange to say.
"Come on now you can't let this scare you."
"I have to end it. Chad told me to.."
"And how does he know?"
"I confessed to him after he told me that he's in love with me," I answer.
"What the fuck Jasmine? What if he's the blackmailer?"
"He's not. He didn't know about us until yesterday.."
"I can't believe you."
"I think it's for the best seeing that you're engaged and have a child," I spat. "You only lusted after me anyways." Joseph abruptly leaves my office and marches down to the studio. Hot tears start to form in my eyes making everything blurry. The room starts spinning so I lean against the wall and close my eyes allowing the tears to fall.
  "Are you okay?" I hear Cody ask.
  "No, I feel like shit," I sniffle. "Everyone hates me."
  "I don't blame them," he says before walking down to the studio. What the fuck does he mean by that?
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat