Chapter Twenty Five: Hellish Wedding

Joseph and I finished our little spa session an hour ago, now we're at this cute restaurant with the perfect view of the beach. I look over the menu to see what sounds good, I peer up and see a trio of young girls staring at our table.
"Joseph, those three girls behind you have been staring at us," I whisper to him. He looks back at them, causing them to squeal. Joseph motions for them to come over to us.
"I knew it was you," the brunette giggles.
"SoMo what in the world are you doing in California," the redhead asks holding out a napkin and pen.
"Spending time with my girlfriend," he answers while signing autographs. We decided not to publicly announce our engagement, some people might feel as if we're rushing into it and others might not agree with us getting married at all.
"It's the mistress," I hear the blonde whisper. The brunette elbows her and the redhead gives her a stern look.
"You guys she has a ring!" the blonde says loudly. I rapidly hide my hand under the table and try to take the ring off with the other, but the other two girls already noticed.
"You're getting married?" the redhead asks.
"I am tomorrow," Joseph confesses.
"How sweet!" the brunette squeals. "Can we get a picture? Promise we'll leave you alone." Joseph gets up and stands with the girls while I shoot a few pictures with each of their phones.
"Thank you so much," the blonde says. "Looking forward to hearing new music."
"You'll get music soon," Joseph teases. The girls gasp and whisper amongst each other before leaving.

"That blonde girl was very rude," I grumble.
  "Everyone will be calling you my wife soon," Joseph says. "Don't take it personally."
  "It's just not fair. I understand that what we did wasn't right, but I get more shit for it than you do," I sigh.
"I know Jas. I feel awful that people say such disgusting things about you."
"They've said things about Cherish too," I mumble. I see a fire spark in Joseph's dark brown eyes as I mention the things people say about Cherish. He pulls his phone out and types angrily on his keyboard. I can hear him mumble curse words under his breath as he puts his phone away. I get a notification from Twitter that Joseph posted something.
"Say what you want about me, but leave my damn children out of the drama I created," I read to myself. "Joseph.."
"It just really pisses me off that people can talk shit about a ten-month-old baby," he booms. "Why didn't you tell me?"
"You're already going through so much, I didn't want burden you more," I admit.
"Nothing you ever say or do will burden me, sweetness. I want you to come to me with all your problems, you understand?"
"I understand. I'm starving, let's order some food."
——————————-

After lunch, we went on a long walk around Venice beach, then made it back to the hotel. I was feeling super giddy because of tomorrow. In seventeen hours, I get to marry the man of dreams. Everything feels so surreal.
"I don't think I'll be able to sleep," I gush.
"I don't think I can either. It doesn't feel real," Joseph says. "I'm really going to be your husband tomorrow."
"And I'm going to be your wife!" I cheer. "I love you so much."
"I love you too. Everything will be perfect I promise you," Joseph assures.
"And if they're not?" I question.
"Not to worry, I have multiple backup plans for every possible situation," he clarifies.
  "Have you heard from Chad?" I ask.
  "I haven't. Were you hoping that he'd surprise you?" Joseph asks.
  "Kind of. A part of me is still hoping that he'll come," I pout.
  "Maybe he will. Who knows."
  "Did you ever picture that we'd end up together?"
  "Not at all. However, I got to know you and spend a lot of time with you and eventually, I fell in love with you. You are my soulmate," he gushes.
  "And you're mine. No regrets or second thoughts?"
  "None. You?"
  "I did when Julia passed. I wasn't sure if I should be with and I blamed myself for her downfall a little bit," I confess. "I felt responsible for taking JJ's mother away. That's why I want to be the best mom for him."
  "And you are the greatest mother for him. I wouldn't want it any other way. Get some sleep, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." I crawl under the blanket and snuggle up to Joseph. Tomorrow is the day.
——————————

   "Mom, I don't know if I can do this," I panic.
  "You're okay sweetheart, you just have the wedding day jitters," she says while fixing my hair. "It's time." I get up as slowly as possible, trying to stall time, but my mother drags me out of the room and into my father's arms.
  "You look, beautiful honey," he whispers.
  "Thanks, dad. I can't wait for you to meet Cherish," I whisper to him as he walks me down the aisle.
  "I can't wait either." Everyone stands in unison and watches as I walk down to Joseph, who has managed to cry before me. He cleans up real nice and looks so sharp in a tuxedo.
  "Your fiancé is a big baby," my dad laughs.
  "Mom told me you were too," I retort before he hands me off to Joseph.
  "You look breathtaking," Joseph sniffles.
  "Right back at you," I say while wiping his tears.
  "Dearly beloved we are gathered here today..." the priest starts. I tune out and give Joseph all of my attention. He truly looks handsome today. His usually messy hair is slicked back and his rough rugged facial hair is trimmed and edged up. This man is walking talking pure sex right now.
  "If there's anyone who thinks these two shall not be wed speak now, or forever hold your peace." I look around nervously at everyone hoping that no one would say anything. Just as the priest was about to continue someone bursts through the doors loudly, drawing attention to the back.
  "I have a few reasons why these two should not be married," a strikingly familiar voice protests. There's no way... It couldn't be her.