Chapter Six: His Muse

Joseph's pov

   Jasmine has been completely blowing me off this entire month. There's never a moment where I can get her alone to talk to her, but I think I've finally got a fool proof plan.

"Hey Jules I'm going out," I say before kissing her forehead.

  "Um can we talk before you leave?" she asks.
  "I can't this is super important. I'll be back before you know it." I head out the door and jump in my car. I overheard Jasmine say that she wanted to spend the night in since she's been going out a lot. I asked her if she had plans and of course she lied to me. I turn on her street and park in her apartment complex lot. I get out and go up the flight of stairs that lead up to her place. I ring the doorbell and wait for her to answer it.
  "Joseph what are you doing here?" Jasmine asks while leaning against the doorframe.
  "We need to talk. Can I come in?" She rolls her pale blue eyes before letting me in.
  "What do you want?"
  "I miss you. You've been so distant," I reply. I grab her hands and pull her close. She lets out a sharp exhale and looks up at me.

   "Do you really want to risk it all?"
  "Will there be any risks if we keep it to ourselves?" I ask.
  "Yes you dummy," Jasmine responds.
  "Then yes I want to risk it." She cups my face with her tiny hands and kisses me gently multiple times, then she gets to my neck and ears.
"Jasmine," I groan while gripping her ass.
"Come with me," she purrs. I follow her to her room and close the door quietly before fucking the absolute life out of her.
——————————
The next morning

   "Fuck," I mumble trying to unlock the front door. "She's going to be so pissed." The door flies open and there stands Julia still in her pajamas.
  "You said you'd be back later," she yawns. "Where were you?"
  "A-at the studio," I lie. "Lost track of time."
  "I stayed up all night waiting for you," Julia sighs.
  "I'm so sorry Jules," I say while hugging her. "What did you have to tell me that was so important?"
  "I'm not telling you since I'm mad," she grumbles.
  "Oh come on," I whine. "What can I do to make it up?"
  "Stay with me a little late," she pouts.
  "You know Chad is going to get on me if I'm not there on time,"
  "So? Do you think he cares about how I feel when he has you staying late?"
  "No, but—"
  "But nothing. You're staying late and that's final. Now, let's go upstairs and cuddle, she smiles.
—————————
At the studio

   "You're late Joseph," Jasmine says from her office.
  "I had to take care of an angry Julia," I say while walking in.
  "Don't hang around here, Chad is waiting for you down in the studio with Cody," she informs.
  "I think they can wait a little long," I say while leaning across her desk for a kiss.
  "Ahem. Long time no see Joseph," Cody says.
  "I'll be down there shortly," I grumble.
  "Chad wants you down there right now since you're already two hours late. No point in being more late by talking to your lovely assistant," he patronizes.
  "I guess I'll see you later Jasmine," I sigh.
  "Let's go make some music," Cody says while patting my back. "How's Julia?"
  "She's fine. Stay away from her and Jasmine," I warn.
  "Oh, but Jasmine is single. I think I might shoot my shot at her," he teases. "Unless you're dating her too."
   "As if that would stop you.." I trail off.
——————————
Later that day

   I lean against the chair in the studio trying to figure out what this song is missing. Thinking about Julia wasn't working like it usually does.
  "Don't forget to take a break Joseph," Chad reminds me. "You should come grab lunch with me and Cody."
  "I'm good. I'll eat later," I say.
  "I'll tell Jasmine to bother you about it. Come on Cody." The two of them leave and shortly after Jasmine comes down with a bottle of water for me.
  "What are you in the mood to eat?" she asks while handing the water to me.
  "You," I grin while placing her in my lap.
  "You're not getting any until you eat some real food. So what will it be?"
  "You know that little Japanese restaurant down the block?
  "Yeah, I heard that place is really good," she smiles before kissing me. "What's on your mind?"
  "Something is missing from this song and Julia had something important to tell me but she won't say it," I answer.
  "Well, have you tried thinking about something else while you sing? And as for your Julia problem I suggest you try sitting down and talking to her," she suggests.  I hold Jasmine close to me and inhale her scent. She smells like vanilla cupcakes. I glance up at her beautiful face. Her sky blue eyes watch me intently and her plump lips are in a small smile. That's when it hit me.

   "Holy.." I move her off my lap and hop in the booth.
  "What is it?" Jasmine asks.
  "It's you. You're my muse. Hit the play button. Right on cue the music flows into my ears and a whole new inspiration starts to form all because of Jasmine.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat