Chapter Nine: Secret Trip

Jasmine's pov

"Jasmine, are you all packed up for our trip?" Joseph asks me.
"Yeah, I am," I answer. Joseph booked us a romantic getaway to Colorado for the weekend, but to everyone else, it's a business trip.
"Remember I'll pick you up at ten tonight so go get some rest." As I'm getting ready to leave Julia stands in front of my office door, blocking the way.
"Can we talk?" she questions while closing the door behind her.
"Sure, what's up?"
"You better not try anything with him," she warns. "I know he won't do anything, but I know you'd throw yourself on him given the chance."
"Julia if I wanted Joseph, he wouldn't be with you," I patronize. "Get out of my office and out of my way." I push past her and walk to the parking lot to my car.
"Jas, wait up," Chad calls behind me.
"What is it?"
"Colorado huh? I heard it's really nice in October," he says.
"Yeah. It's great we're going now. Don't miss me too much," I tease.
"I'll try not to. Don't have too much fun."
"No promises I grin. See you on Monday," I say while getting in my car. This weekend is going to be so perfect, nothing could ruin it.
——————————
Later that night

"Julia don't worry I'll have my phone on me just in case you go into labor, but the doctor said you still have six more weeks before he arrives," Joseph says on the phone. "I love you too, bye."
"You know she's been calling you a lot and we haven't even been driving for two hours. We need to have a rule for this trip," I mention.
"And what would that be?"
"No phones during our weekend. Once we get to the resort we're turning them off," I command.
"Whatever you say, boss," Joseph laughs. "What do you want to do first when we get there,"
"Take a nice long hot shower with you, then fall asleep," I reply. "Maybe after our nap, we can go to the springs."
"That all sounds wonderful. I can't believe I get a whole weekend off, Chad has been working me to near death," he sighs. "At least I get to spend it with you." Joseph places his hand on my thigh and gives it a reassuring squeeze. This weekend is going to be so much fun.
—————————
Early morning

   "Room for one more?" Joseph asks while getting in the shower with me.
  "Of course. Did you turn your phone off and put it away?"
  "Yes, ma'am." Joseph stares deeply in my eyes and sighs happily.
  "What is it?" I ask.
  "You're just so fucking breathtaking," he smiles. He places kisses all over my face and backs me up against the cool tile wall.
  "There's so many things I want to do to you," he mumbles in the crook of my neck. "So many things I want to do with you."
  "Like what?" I ask innocently.
  "I'll show you tonight sweetness." Joseph kisses my forehead before reaching for the soap."
  "That's not fair Joseph," I whine.
  "But it's worth the wait, trust me," he grins.
—————————
Sunday evening

   "This dinner was really beautiful," I tell Joseph. "This whole weekend has been perfect."
  "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I have one more surprise for you." He pulls out a small burgundy red box and slides it to me. I open the box excitedly and find a beautiful rose gold band with a tiny opal gem in the middle.
  "As soon as I saw it, it reminded me of you," Joseph says. "Go ahead and put it on." I take the dainty ring out of the box and slide it on my right middle finger. I stare at the ring in awe while Joseph is talking about who knows what.
  "I love it," I interrupt. "Thank you so much."
  "You're welcome sweetness," Joseph smiles softly. "Let's get back to our room and rest up." I nod happily and follow him back to the lobby. This man makes me the happiest woman ever.

   Joseph and I wake up early on Monday and put all of our bags in the car. When we hop in we turn our phones back on and Joseph has thousands of messages from Julia, Cody, Chad, and his mother.
  "Fuck!" he shouts. "I'm such a fucking idiot!"
  "W-what happened?" I stutter.
  "Julia gave birth on Saturday evening and I wasn't there for her," he yells. "I should've kept my damn phone on."
  "But the doctor said—"
  "It doesn't matter what he said, my son came early and.. I should've never planned this stupid trip," he mumbles.
  "You planned it for me though.."
  "Exactly," he says. "I missed the birth of my first born child because of you."
  "You can't blame me for that Joseph. It's not fair, I had no idea that would happen," I whimper. He doesn't say anything after that, just starts the car and drives off. Now I'm stuck in a car for twelve excruciating hours while Joseph is angry with me. I shouldn't have jinxed this trip.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat