Chapter Two: The Interview

A few months later
Jasmine's pov

   I must say being Joseph's P.A is not that easy. Lately I've been feeling this weird feeling as if I'm attracted to him, but I can't be since he has a girlfriend and that would be wrong. I can't help myself sometimes though. When he wears those tight black shirts that defines his muscular body I just melt, or when he's exhausted his voice gets all low and husky. Just thinking about him sends shivers down my spine. I bite the end of my pen gently as I continue to think about Joseph.
"Earth to Jasmine." I snap out of my day dream and see Joseph standing in front of me with the schedule in his hand.

"How can I help you?" I ask recollecting myself.
"We have an interview in forty five minutes and I was wondering if we could reschedule it," he says while taking a seat.
"Why do you want that rescheduled?"
"Well I promised Julia that I'd take her out today and the interview is when I'm supposed to be with her. Could you ask Chad if I could have the day off?"
"Why don't you ask him yourself?"
"Because he's gonna say no."
"Alright fine." I pick up my office phone and dial Chad's number. It rings a few times before he finally answers and I put him on speaker.

"Hello?"
"Hey Chad it's Jasmine. I was wondering if Joseph could have today off."
"If he's not sick, dying, injured, or missing then no. Have a good day Jassy, Joseph don't be late for that interview," Chad says sternly. "I'll see you guys there."
"Well you better call your girlfriend and tell her you have to reschedule that date," I say while shrugging my shoulders. "Don't be too long we have to go soon." Joseph groans before leaving my office upset. He should've asked way earlier anyways.
——————————
At the radio station

   "It's good to have you back at the station," Max, the interviewer says. "So we heard that you have a new album in the works. Tell me about that."
"Well I just started working on it not too long ago, so I can't reveal much, but I know everyone will like it hopefully," Joseph answers.
"Any songs dedicated to your girl?"
"She's pretty much my muse for the album so a lot of it is about her," he says with a smile.
"Has she met your assistant, who by the way is very beautiful," Max says while looking at me.
"They've met and yeah she is beautiful. Jasmine is the best thing that's happened to me in my work life. I'd be so lost without her," Joseph explains. When he looks back at me I smile sweetly at him and it felt like we were the only ones in the room for a moment. Chad nudges my side with his elbow and shakes his head at me.

   "Jasmine I don't think I have to remind you that Joseph has a girlfriend," Chad whispers in my ear.
  "Relax Chad, he's just being nice to me. No need to be jealous," I tease. Chad scoffs and leaves the room. I roll my eyes and continue to listen to the interview.
—————————
After the interview

   "Julia come on, I didn't mean it like that. Well she has made everything easier for me. Jules I only have a professional relationship with Jasmine, why are you getting so worked up? You know what I'll see you when I get home."
  "I'm assuming she didn't like when you talked about me," I say as I watch Joseph slide his phone in his pocket.
  "She didn't, but there's no need to be jealous," he huffs frustratedly. "Why did Chad leave?"
  "Oh he also got jealous when you called me beautiful for some reason." Joseph chuckles softly and throws his arm over my shoulder and walks with me to the parking lot.
  "I don't know what's wrong with them. Ah who cares, they'll get over it. Do you want to go grab a drink?" he asks.
  "I think you should take Julia out as a way of saying 'I'm sorry for being a stupid boy' or make her dinner," I suggest while moving his arm off of me. "But I'll take you up on that offer some other day." Joseph grins and nods his head before heading to his car.
  "I'll see you tomorrow. Don't work too hard!" he shouts.
  "I'll try not to," I shout back.
——————————
Jasmine's apartment

   I sit on my couch as I sip my red wine while I turn the tv on. I don't watch anything, it's only on for background noise. I can't stop thinking about what Joseph said at the interview about me. Does he really feel that way about me? I shouldn't think too deep about it, he was right when he said we only have a professional relationship. I shouldn't feel any type of way about him, but I can't help feeling a little salty about him taking his girlfriend out.
"He's off limits," I think to myself. "You can have any single guy you want." But for some reason all I want is Joseph.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat