Chapter Three: The Party

It's been about six months since I've started working here. Everything's been normal, I've managed to control my desire for Joseph whenever he's around and I can fully ignore Julia's death stares when she surprises him with visits. Anyways, tonight there's a party being thrown and of course I have to tag along. I'd rather be at home doing what I usually do which is relax because working with Joseph all the time is so exhausting.
  "Only a few hours then you can go home," I say aloud. I finish some stuff on my laptop then get up and lock my office door. I had gotten ready at the office since I was swamped with paperwork. I told Chad to pick me up since it would've been weird for Joseph to do it with Julia in the car. He should be here any minute.

   "Jasmine you still here?" I hear Chad yell.
  "I'm right here you don't need to yell," I tell him.
  "Holy shit you look beautiful," Chad says in awe.
  "It's not too much?" I ask.
  "No way. I love your dress, oh and you straightened your hair," he says while moving a strand behind my ear. "Stunning."
   "We should get going," I say while looking at the time. "It's gonna be packed."
——————————
At the party
Joseph's pov

   "Julia for the last time you look fine," I reassure her for the one hundredth time.
  "I should've gotten that gold dress with the slit," she mumbles.
  "Come on baby that dress wasn't your style and besides I like sapphire blue on you. It brings out your eyes."
  "Maybe you're right. I mean I do love lace."

(Julia's dress)

(Julia's dress)

   "See? Stop second guessing yourself you look amazing," I smile.
  "Hey Joseph!" I look toward the entrance and see Chad and Jasmine waving at me. Jasmine looks absolutely breathtaking in that shimmery gold dress, it fits her body perfectly and her usually curly hair is straight with a part down the middle. Her pale blue eyes go great with that dress.
  "That's the dress I wanted to get.." Julia mumbles.
  "Wow Jasmine you look absolutely beautiful," I marvel.
"Um, thank you," she says awkwardly.

(Jasmine's dress)

"Julia wanted— Where'd she go?" I ask while looking around for her.
"She went into that room," Jasmine answers pointing at a sleek black door.
"Thanks." I say before leaving the two behind.
"Hey Jules," I say softly while entering an office. "Why'd you leave?"
"Did you really have to call her beautiful right in front of me?" her voice now strident and sharp.
  "I can't compliment her?"
  "You can't say she looks beautiful and that I look amazing idiot," Jules rants. "I'm out of here."
  "Where are you going? I'm not done talking to you.." I trail off.
  "I'm going to get a drink." Julia leaves and slams the door behind her. What the fuck was that?

   "Hey Joseph you in there?" Jasmine asks while knocking on the door.
  "Yeah.. come in." She opens the door and closes it behind her softly. She makes her way to the desk and leans against it with her eyes closed.
  "You really are stupid," Jasmine finally says.
  "And why is that?"
  "You don't call another girl beautiful when your girlfriend of how many years is standing right next to you," she explains.
  "Well you do look beautiful tonight, sue me."
  "Thank you," she smiles shyly.
  "Me and Julia haven't been good lately. She's always accusing me of cheating more often, and I think she's intimidated by you," I blurt.
  "I hope I'm not the reason for your relationship problems," Jasmine pouts.
  "You are. I've never seen a more perfect woman before," I whisper.
  "That's sweet that you think that of Julia—"
  "I'm talking about you," I interrupt.
  "What?"
  "I don't know why, but I've been thinking a lot about you over the past six months. Why do you think I have you stay late at the studio?" Jasmine gets up quickly and looks at me bewildered.

   "Joseph why are you saying these things?"
  "Fuck, I don't know. I guess I'm really attracted to you," I admit. "I've been denying it for a while now but it feels so good to say it. I know you feel the same too."
  "So what if I do? We can't do anything, you're with Julia.."
  "Why can't I indulge my wants?" I ask while getting close to her.
  "Please don't do anything, you're just drunk. You're just saying all this because of that argument you had—"
  "I'm not drunk. Are you?"
  "...No I'm not."
  "Then shut up and indulge," I purr in her ear. I kiss the crook of her neck, pulling her into my body so we're touching. I can feel her heart racing as my hands glide from her back to her ass. I finally press my lips against hers and feel a wave of excitement rush over me. She deepens the kiss, wrapping her arms around my neck and pushing me against the wall.
"I want you," I say lowly.
"Joseph.."
"Please," I beg. "Just this once."
"Okay, but—"
"Jassy Joseph you in there?" Chad calls out. Jasmine quickly moves out of my arms and sits on the desk, recollecting herself.

"There you guys are. What's up?" Chad asks while opening the door, leaning against the frame.
"Just giving Joseph some relationship advice," Jasmine huffs gently.
"Well come on, the party is starting now."
"I'll see you guys out there, I'm gonna grab a drink or two," she says while leaving the office.
"What's her deal?" Chad asks me.
"I have no clue," I lie.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat