Chapter Five: First and Last Time

I've been staring at Joseph for the past twenty minutes. He had a soft smile on his face, I can only assume he's having a good dream. Everything feels surreal right now, he's actually in my bed laying next to me. I wonder what was going through his head last night for him to want to have sex with me. Did he really like me?
  "Good morning," Joseph mumbles while pulling me close.
  "Morning. Did you sleep good?" I ask.
  "Very good," answers. "What about you?"
  "Pretty great thanks to you," I say softly. Joseph grins before placing a kiss on my neck. He sits up and stretches, his muscles flexing.
  "We should get ready so the lock guy can open my door," Joseph groans.
"Right.."
————————
At Joseph's house

"Well this my home," Joseph says while closing his front door.
"Wow. This is pretty much my dream house," I mumble. It has such a homey feel to it with the dark wooden floors and the beige walls with cream accents. It smelled like lavender and dogs.
"You have dogs right?" I ask.
"Yeah. Jack and Jill are with my mom," he answers. "Follow me." He jogs up the stairs quickly leaving me to rush after him.
"This is my bedroom." It's huge. His bed was a large grey cloud that matched the walls too. There were splashes of white to brighten the room up. The white curtains allowed sunlight to drip through them, making the room feel even more luminous.
"I'm so jealous," I say while wandering around the room. I make my way into Joseph closet and the smell of cologne and after shave slap me right in the face.
"It smells so good in here." I subconsciously take one of his shirts off of its hanger and inhale deeply. The smell of him makes me feel like I'm in heaven.
"Hey weirdo give me my shirt," Joseph chuckles.
"Whhhy? You have so many shirts," I whine.
"I like that shirt, Julia gave it to me." And just like reality hit me hard as hell. I just slept with a man who is in a relationship. Not to mention the fact that his girlfriend is out of town and she most likely hates me.

"Um, we had sex last night are we not going to talk about it?" I ask frantically.
"What's there to talk about?" he asks.
"It was a mistake right?"
"It was yes, but it was beyond sensational. I haven't had sex like that in a while," Joseph says with excitement in his eyes.
"That was the first and last time though," I warn.
"Yeah you're right," he admits. "You're sort of always right."
"I'm right all the time," I correct. Joseph hugs me tightly, resting his head against mine.
"You're so addicting," he whispers. "I don't know why you are."
"If I'm addicting maybe we should distance ourselves," I whisper back. That made him tighten the embrace more.
"I know we agreed that last night was our last time but I don't think it'll be."
"Yeah I know," I say while pushing him away. "We're bound to fuck again."
—————————
At the studio

"Earth to Jasmine!" Chad exclaims.
"What huh?"
"Man what's gotten into you lately, you've been spacing out a lot," he says.
"I don't know, mercury is probably in retrograde or something," I sigh. "What do you want though?"
"I was wondering if you wanted to grab some drinks after work."
"Sure that sounds nice," I say.
"Actually, I'm gonna need her to stay late," Joseph says. "Stuck on a song."
"Then call Cody," Chad says. "If you really need the help."
"I'm not calling that bastard," he growls lowly. "Why would I want to work with someone who fucked my girlfriend?!"
"It's time for you to move past that. Make amends with him. I'll call him for you."
"Whatever," Joseph mutters. He disappears back into the studio while Chad contacts Cody.
"Hey Cody it's me. I was wondering if you want to be on the team again? You do? That's awesome! I'll send you the address tomorrow. See you."
"Are you sure bringing him back is a good idea?" I ask.
"It'll be fine. I'll see you at the bar," Chad says while leaving. I put all my paperwork in a folder and slide it in my desk. I grab my purse and head out for the door when suddenly Joseph grabs me.

"Where are you going?" he asks.
"To the bar with Chad," I answer. "You don't really need me to stay late."
"Yeah I do."
"No you don't. You have no reason to be jealous, because one you have a girlfriend and two Chad is just my best friend," I remind him.
"You don't see it do you? Chad likes you and the thought of you two together.. I don't like it. It bothers me when he looks at you so lovingly and I know it shouldn't but it does," Joseph snaps. I snatch my arm and head for the door again.
"I'll see you tomorrow. Get some rest," I say harshly before leaving.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat