Chapter Four: Confessions

Jasmine's pov

I've been trying my best to avoid Joseph ever since the kiss that happened two weeks ago. It's kind of difficult avoiding someone when you have to see them twenty four seven. I know I should talk to him about it, but how does someone go about talking about something that shouldn't have happened?
"Jasmine we need to talk," Joseph says while entering my office. "About what happened at the party.."
"I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later," I sigh. "It was a mistake I know."
"It was. I don't know what came over me but I should've listened to you when you asked me to stop," he explains. "Should I tell Julia?"
  "I don't know Joseph you can't ask me that," I tell him. "Do what you feel is right. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a lot of work to do."
—————————
After work

As I finish things up I noticed Chad and Joseph coming up from the studio talking. Joseph seems frustrated about something.
"The one time Julia is out of town I don't have my fucking house key. Where am I gonna stay?" Joseph fumes. "Can I stay with you? It's only gonna be for a tonight."
"Sorry I can't. I have plans tonight.." Chad mutters. "You could stay with Jasmine."
"Absolutely not," I add.
"Please Jassy, I'll owe you," Chad begs.
"If I do this, I get two weeks paid vacation," I demand.
"Yes, whatever you want," he says.
"Thanks Jas," Joseph says softly.
"Come on let's go," I mumble.
———————————
Jasmine's apartment

"Well this is my apartment. I'll go get the guest room ready," I say while dropping my stuff on my dining room table. I disappear down my narrow hallway and go in the guest room to clean up a bit.
  "Hey do you have beer?" Joseph asks.
  "No, beer is disgusting you swine," I shout.
  "No wonder why you're single," Joseph laughs.
  "I'm single because I choose to be," I retort. I smooth out the silky sheets and place the cloud like blanket on top. I hope he can fit in this queen sized bed.
  "Hey I'm done."
  "I'm coming. Cute room," Joseph says. "So what are our plans for tonight?"
  "Well I'm going to change and then watch some tv. You can do whatever you want," I tell him. I leave the guest room and make my way to my room. I take my peplum shirt and leggings off then change into my big white t-shirt. I put my hair in a ponytail then head to my living room to watch The Office. Oh I almost forgot my wine. I grab my bottle and glass from the kitchen and sit on the couch.

   "What are you gonna watch?" Joseph asks sitting next to me.
  "The Office I answer. Would you like a glass of wine?"
  "No thank you. So, what's up with you and Chad?"
  "Nothing? We're good friends why?"
  "He talks a lot about you," Joseph answers. "Seventy percent of our conversations are about you."
  "Well not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty great," I giggle. "Chad used to have a crush on me in high school."
  "I think he still has a crush on you," he insists.
  "No way. He's been dating this girl for a while. He's with her now," I say.
  "That doesn't necessarily mean he's over you."
  "As if you'd know. You've been with the same girl for six years." I roll my eyes at his stupid conspiracy theories and take a sip from my wine.

   "Do you regret it?" Joseph exclaims.
  "What? The kiss? I choke.
  "Yes the kiss. I've been thinking about it and I don't think I regret it. I'm trying to convince myself that I do, but I don't," he confesses. I shift around on the couch before looking at him.
  "I-I don't either," I stutter.
  "So what does that mean?" he asks.
  "We're horrible people," I say dryly.
  "Besides that."
  "I suppose we might possibly like each other," I say my voice now tremulous. My heart pounds with excitement, I want him to make a move but he doesn't, he just lets all the tension build up until he places a soft kiss against my lips then pulls back in an instant. We stare at one another for a few seconds before devouring each other hungrily. This feeling I've been bottling up has finally overflowed out and I don't have to hide or ignore it anymore.
  "Where's your bedroom," Joseph asks between heated kisses.
  "First door on the right," I pant. He lifts me up in one fell swoop and kicks my bedroom door open, tossing me on the bed and crawling on top of me.
  "Are you really sure you want to do this?" I ask while running my fingers through his hair.
  "I have never been more sure of anything in my life," he whispers against my ear.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat