Chapter Seven: Jealously

Two months later
Jasmine's pov

Joseph sent out an email saying he has something important to announce and yet he's running a little late.
  "What do you think the announcement is?" Chad asks me.
  "No clue, but he's not here yet," I reply.
  "Hey everyone, sorry I'm late," Joseph beams happily. Julia is right next to him holding his hand with a smile on her face. Her periwinkle eyes seem more bright and cheerful.
"What's so important that you wanted to tell us," Chad asks.
"I'm pregnant!" Julia rejoices. A sudden pang of jealousy and hurt struck me.
"She's about two months now. I can't wait to meet him or her," Joseph says with a huge smile. I slowly get up from my desk feeling a bit dazed.
"Could you excuse me?" I ask while heading for the restroom.
"Whoa, are you okay," Joseph asks grabbing my hand.
"I'm fine, I just need a moment," I snap while snatching my hand away. I push the bathroom door open and lock myself in the big stall.
"Deep breaths Jas. Deep breaths," I think to myself. "I have no reason to be upset."
"Jasmine are you okay?" I hear Joseph ask.
"You're not supposed to be in here."
"I don't care. What's wrong?"
"I don't know. I'm upset that you got your girlfriend pregnant, but I shouldn't be," I fume.
  "Open the door please," he begs.
  "No, you're just going to charm me," I mumble.
  "Come on Jassy. I know a hug will make you feel better." I unlock the door and open it, rushing into Joseph's embrace.

"Do you really love her?" I mumble into his chest.
"I.. Of course I do," he says hesitantly. "Why do you ask?"
"Then why are you sleeping with me?" I ask. "Are you just using me for sex?"
"I care about you, but I love Julia."
"Answer my question."
"I don't know why I'm sleeping with you. There's just something about you that has me coming back," Joseph whispers. "Look I have a lot of work to do, but how does dinner sound?"
"Rain check? I'm not in the mood to go out today," I mutter. "I have to go run some errands." I let go of him and exit the bathroom feeling a little heartbroken. How can I possibly work today?
——————————
A few hours later

   "Chad wait," I say while gathering my things.
  "What's up?"
  "I was wondering if you'd want to go out to dinner sometime next week."
  "Sure, I'd love to," he says happily. I glance over at Joseph, who is locking the studio door, and notice a frown on his face. I grin to myself having successfully made him jealous. I know I shouldn't be using Chad to make Joseph jealous, but I can't help it. Besides, I'm going out with Chad as a friend.
  "I was thinking we could try that new Brazilian restaurant near my place," I inform him. "I heard it's amazing."
  "That sounds great. Just shoot me a text."
  "I will." I don't know what I'm doing, but this plan is falling into place perfectly.
——————————
A few days later

   As I'm coming back from my friend date with Chad, I pull my phone out and go to Instagram. I immediately notice a picture of an engagement ring on my feed.
  "'I can't wait to spend forever with you'," I read aloud.
  "You saw Joseph's picture? I can't believe he finally proposed," Chad says.
  "He proposed to Julia?" I ask.
  "Yeah, he asked me which ring he should get like two days ago. I'm so happy for them," he cheers. I put my phone back in my purse and grab my key. Why would he propose all of a sudden?
  "I had fun tonight," I tell him. "We should do this again."
  "Really? I'd love that," Chad chimes. I place a kiss on his cheek before opening my door and stepping inside.
"Goodnight," I say sweetly.
"Night," he says before heading towards the elevator. I kick my heels and plop on my couch trying not to think about Joseph being engaged to Julia. My thoughts were interrupted by someone banging on my door as if they pay rent around here.
"Who is it?" I shout.
"It's Joseph. Open the door," he replies. I rush over and swing the door open angrily.

"Are you serious? Chad of all people? Chad?" Joseph starts.
"Oh don't give me that bullshit," I hiss. "Did you really propose to retaliate against me because I asked Chad out?"
"Did you retaliate because I got my girlfriend pregnant?" Joseph snaps.
"Fuck you!" I yell.
"Fuck me? Fuck me?!" he scoffs. "You need to get it together." I inhale sharply and hold the urge to slap the fuck out of him. Is he seriously going to act like this?
"Me? What about you? There's no way you could've been here that fast unless you were parked outside waiting for us to come back."
"So what if I was—"
"You need to get your shit together!" A moment of silence falls between as the tension in the air gets thicker. I look up at Joseph with rage in my eyes and he looks back at me. In a matter of seconds, he picks me up and kisses me with a powerful force. I wrap my legs around him and run my fingers through his hair hastily. He closes my door shut with his leg and slams my body against it.

"I'm so fucking mad at you right now, but you look so sexy when you're angry," he whispers in between kisses.
"Don't think this will make things good between us," I mutter.
"I think it will," he smirks. "You have no idea what I can do to your body when I'm mad."
"Shut up and show me," I command.
—————
Follow me on Instagram for updates and sneak peeks @c.urious.cat