𝐓𝐮𝐦𝐧𝐮𝐬' 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

We walked on for a while, looking around at the beautiful scenery. Although it was winter under bad sircumstances it was still very pretty. The snow covered practically everything, there was frost and it was snow falling from the sky. When we finally arrived Lucy looked at Tumnus' house in awe, it brought back some old memories, I miss those times when we didn't have a care in the world and just played together. We followed Tumnus into his cosy home.

As Lucy picked up a small painting, Tumnus looked up.
"That is my father."
He told her.
"He has a nice face, he looks a lot like you actually."
"No, I'm not very much like him at all really."
His reply confused me but I brushed it aside, I didn't want to remind him of any sad memories.

"My father is fighting in the war."
Lucy replied solemnly.
"My father went away to war too... But that was a long, long time ago."
Tumnus told us, turning around to go get something.

"Who is your father Y/n? He's from Narnia isn't he?  Since you know Tumnus..."
Lucy asked turning to me.
I thought about my reply for a moment. How was I supposed to answer without giving away who my dad actually is. Although Lucy wouldn't know what the name Aslan meant around Narnia, she would find out sooner or later so I decided to not mention it until needed.

"Well, I wont tell you much about him but you're correct, he is from Narnia. He was very majestic and kind and I miss him greatly. He used to let me ride on his back and take me everywhere, showing me the world."
I

told her to her.

"He sounds lovely y/n, I hope you get to see him soon."
Lucy said and smiled at me.
"Aww Lucyyy!"
I spoke and we hugged, Lucy was like a little sister to me and I loved her dearly.

"My father went away away before this horrible winter started."
Tumnus told us as he returned.
"Winter isn't all bad,"
Lucy said, shocked that someone could hate winter.
"There's ice skating and snowball fights.. oh! and Christmas!"
"Well not here, we haven't Christmas in a hundred years."
Tumnus told her as he brought in the tea set.

"No Christmas? For a hundred years?!"
"Yep, always winter, never Christmas."
"But you would've loved the summers here, the Fawns and the Dryads would dance all night and would never get tired. And the music was so beautiful!"
I told her joyfully.

Lucy smiled, imagining the beautiful land in summer.
"Would you like to hear some now?"
Tumnus asked, sitting down.
"Yes please!"
Lucy replied as she sipped on her tea.
"So Lucy, do you know any Narnian Lullabies?"
Tumnus asked her.
"No, sorry."
''Well that's good, because this will not sound like one."

The song definitely didn't sound like a lullaby, it was nice and relaxing to listen to though.
My eyelids got heavier and heavier the more I listened to it, but I forced myself to keep them open and not to fall asleep. As Tumnus continued to play, some shoes began to appear in the fire. There were fauns dancing and laughing around a fire. Then suddenly, my father's face came out of the fire and a loud roar sounded through the house. I came out of my trance like state and noticed that Lucy has dozed off and her cup was laying shattered on the floor.

'What the heck was that?'
I thought as I woke Lucy up.
"We should go.."
She said, getting up from her seat.
"It's too late now, I'm such a terrible faun."
Tumnus spoke in a depressed voice.
"Not true!"
I reassured him and Lucy gave him her handkerchief.
"I'm afraid, Lucy that you've had a very poor sampling."
He spoke.
"What do you mean, Tumnus?"
"Yeah, you can't have done anything that bad."

"It's not something I've done, it's something I am doing."
He spoke sadly.
"What are doing?"
Kidnapping you."
He whispered.
My eyes widened in shock.

"It's the white witch. She's the one who makes it winter, always cold. She gave orders. If anyone of us ever find a human wandering in the woods, we're supposed to turn it over to her."
He said weeping.

"But Mr Tumnus you wouldn't."
Lucy said but he remained silent.
"I thought you were our friend."
I spoke, betrayal in my voice.
He looked up at this.

"Come on, she may already know you're here,"
Tumnus said as we ran to the lamppost.
"The woods are filled with her spies, even some of the trees are on her side!"
He said hurriedly.

Once we got back to the lamppost he asked us.
"Can you find your way back from here?"
"Yes."
"Will you be alright?"
We nodded as he started to tear up again.
"Hey hey hey."
"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."
He said looking up. He turned to Lucy, giving her her handkerchief back.
"Keep it, you need it more than I do."
Lucy said.

"Now, no matter what happens, Lucy Pevensie, I'm glad I've met you. Y/n it was incredible to see you again.
You two have made me feel warmer than I've felt in a hundred years, now go. Go!"

We ran back into the wardrobe. I was just about to tell Lucy that time goes by mu h quicker in Narnia as I heard Peter still counting.
"99, 100 ready or not, here I come!"
but she was too fast.

Thanks for 100 reads!
It means a lot to me :)