𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

After the crowd had dispersed, I went into my father's tent.
"Father? Are you in there?"
My father turned around, his eyes filled with sadness. This was not a good sign.
"What did the queen mean by your promise?"
Father sighed heavily and spoke.
"I agreed that to save  Edmund's life, I would sacrifice myself."
My eyes widened and tears began to well up in my eyes.
"But father you can't-"
"Y/n, my dear child. You know I must do this, if I don't do this then Edmund shall be killed. I can't let that happen."
I hugged him tightly, he put a paw around me and we stayed like that for a while. We spoke about old times when the witch wasn't as strong and when we would explore Narnia. It became dark outside, father told me to go to bed so I went to the tent but I couldn't sleep.

I tossed and turned in my bed trying to fall asleep. I heard the sound of soft padded footsteps behind me and shot up, turning around to see the shadow of my father walking. I got up to follow him to see Lucy also getting up so I decided to just wake up Susan too.

'I might as well now that both me and Lucy are awake.'

''Susan!''
I shook her gently, waking her up.
''Mmm?''
I got my small dagger and cloak, Lucy and Susan following suit with their own cloaks and weapons as we stepped out of the tent.

We quietly followed father as he walked deeper into the forest right next to camp. After some time, he stopped abruptly.
''Shouldn't you three be in bed?''
Father questioned us.
''We couldn't sleep...''
I answered him as we stepped out from behind the trees the girls and I hid behind.

''Please Aslan, couldn't we come with you?''
Susan asked him.
Father responded with agreement.
''I would be glad of the company for a while. Thank you''
I gently grabbed at father's mane and combed through it, like I used to do as a little child. The other girls did so too as we all walked further through the woods, talking mindlessly about random things.

After walking for a while, Father stopped.
''It is time. From here, I must go on alone.''
''But Father...''
I protested.
''You have to trust me. For this must be done. Thank you Y/n. Thank you Susan. Thank you Lucy. And farewell.

Father turned around and walked on further into the forest. Susan put her hand on both mine and Lucy's shoulders and turned around too. Thinking she was actually going to go back to the tent I was about to quietly tell her off but noticed she began to walk up a small hill facing the same way that Aslan went so I followed her, holding Lucy's hand.

We hid behind some small bushes to see what father was walking into and stared in shock.