𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

Today was one of those horrible bombing nights, I woke up as the air raids started to ring and the planes in the distance gradually getting louder and louder.

Mrs Pevensie rushed into my room and told me to take a couple of essentials I would need for the bunker, then get the others to safety.

I quickly got a torch and rushed out of my room to see Edmund staring out of the window which was open. I shouted at him to close the window and get away from it.

I went to Lucy's room to see her under her blanket, covering her ears.
"Come on Lucy!"
I hurried her as I walked over to her bed and picked her up. At this moment Susan walked into the room.
"Hurry up you two!"

We all ran outside to get to the bunker as we run up to it Ed shouted.
"Wait, Dad!"
And ran back inside the house.
"Edmund, no!"
Mrs Pevensie shouted in horror as Peter ran after Ed.

Mrs Pevensie, Susan, Lucy and I ran inside the bunker, praying that nothing would happen to the boys. I heard the sound of a bomb exploding and began to think the worst but then saw both boys running out of the house, safe and sound.
"Come on!"
I shouted and they jumped into the bunker.

"Why can't you think of anyone but yourself? You're so selfish! We could've died!"
Peter began to shout at Edmund.
"Stop it."
Said Mrs Pevensie as she held Edmund close, calming him down.
"Why can't you just do as you're told?"
Peter asked  as he closed the bunker door and slumped down next to me.

"Don't worry, Peter. We're all safe now."
I said in a soft voice putting his head on my shoulder.
"Yeah, I suppose."

Since there had already been multiple nights when we had to go to the bunker, we had taken some books and activities to pass the time and distract ourselves from the noise outside.
"Y/n, could you read to me?"
Lucy asked, shyly.

"Of course!"
I said and told her to snuggle up to me if she wanted.

I began to read her favourite story in one of the books. By the end, all of the Pevensie children were asleep.
"Wow Y/n, maybe I should have you read to them every night."
Mrs Pevensie joked and we laughed together.

I turned my head around to face Peter, who's head had fell onto my shoulder, his peaceful face so beautiful. I lightly kissed him on the forehead. Then I too, went to sleep.

𝐀𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧❜𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐝 - 𝐏𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐞 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara