𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

We soon got off of the train, we heard a car close by, thinking it was someone for us. We ran down the platform stairs to find out it was some random stranger.

"The professor knew we were coming..."
Susan said.
"Perhaps we've been incorrectly labelled."
Edmund guessed.

Then we heard the reins of a horse and someone shouting ''come on, hup!'' Then a woman and a beautiful horse pulling a wagon stopped right next to us.

''Mrs Macready?''
I asked hesitantly.
''I'm afraid so.''
She answered.
'Mrs Macready looks stern, I hope I never get on her bad side.'
''Is this it then? Haven't you brought anything else?
The woman asked us, her brows raised in slight astonishment.
''No ma'am, it's just us.''
We hopped onto the wagon and went to the professors house.

When we finally got to the house, we all looked around.
''Professor Kirke is not accustomed to having children in this house,''
Mrs Macready began.
''And for that reason there are a couple of rules you must follow. There will be no shoutin', or runnin'. No improper use of the dumb waiter,''

As Susan reached to touch one of the statues, Mrs Macready quickly raised her voice.
''No touchin' the artifacts!''
Peter, Ed and I looked at each other and sniggered. It was a bit funny that it was Susan getting told off and not us.
''And above all, there will be no disturbin' the professor.''
Mrs Macready finally finished her super important speech and we followed her so she could show us our rooms.

𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐲'𝐬 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

We were all sitting in the girls room. Y/n was sitting next to me, reading one of her books.
'

'The sheets are scratchy.''
I spoke breaking the silence. Susan, Peter and Y/n turned to me and Susan spoke.
''Wars don't last forever Lucy, we'll be home soon.''

''Yeah, if our home is still there.
Edmund mumbled, dampening the mood.
Y/n frowned as she spoke.
''Don't say that Ed! Do you honestly wish for that to happen? And isn't it time you went to bed?''

''Yes, mum.''

Ed retorted in an annoyed tone.
"Ed!"
Peter and Susan shouted at him and he looked down at the ground.
"Don't be so rude to Y/n, she's only being nice." Peter defended Y/n, I glanced her way to see a small blush on her cheecks.
'Ooo somebody's in love~'

"Don't worry Lucy, you saw outside, this place is huge! We can do whatever we want here."
Y/n reassured me and we both grinned.
"Tomorrow is going to be great."

The boys got up to go to their rooms.
"I"ll be right back, I need to check something."
Y/n said really quickly and rushed out the door, me and Susan looked at eachother and exchanged mischievous looks.

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩.𝐨.𝐯.

I ran out of the room and caught up to Peter, grabbing him by the arm.
"Oh, hey Y/n. What's wrong?"
He asked.
"Nothing really, I just wanted to thank you for standing up for me."
I thanked him, smiling.

"Oh, it was nothing! I mean, Ed was a bit of a prick."
He explained and grinned. He's so pretty.
"Well, that's all. Good Night!"
I told him, pecked his cheek and quickly ran away leaving a shocked and blushing Peter.

As soon as I got back Lucy and Susan looked at me with a playful look in their eyes.
"Well, what happened?"
Susan asked me in a teasing voice.
"Nothing!"
I quickly said and looked away. They looked at me with a "oh really?" Look.
"Nothing happened!"
"We didn't say anything."
They giggled and we went to sleep.