Sixty Four

Madison's POV

"Are you holding onto me right?" Jason asked as he took a glance at my hands while we walked into my apartment.

"Yes! I'm fine Jay. I can walk." I said.

Today I came back home from the hospital for the first time, and he insisted on taking care of me. He helped me walk even though I could do it perfectly fine by myself.

"Okay." He said, letting me go once we were finally inside.

I don't get why he's acting like this, he has been shot too. He knows how this works.

And he was fine!

"Jase, my wound is healed." I said as I looked into his eyes, reassuring him he didn't have to baby me.

"I don't care." He said. "You shouldn't abuse your body. You should lay down and rest." He said as he walked past me.

"Sit down, I'll be back soon." He said as he walked upstairs with my bag of clothes from the hospital.

I rolled my eyes and sat down.

I got bored of waiting for him so I decided to go upstairs to see what he was doing.

It did took me a little long and it was harder than what I remembered, but I managed.

I walked into my room and saw Jason sitting on the floor, his back was the only thing facing me.

I slowly walked up to him, trying to be as quiet as I could. And I hovered over him to see what he was doing.

He was going through my stuff. I bad placed all the small things he had given me in a box, along with a few things I didn't want to be visible, because it triggered me while he was gone, and he was going through all that.

"Jason, what are you doing?" I asked with my hands on my hips.

"You kept all this." He said as he held up a dried flower he had given me a really long time ago.

I blushed in embarrassment and snatched it away from him.

"Why are you going through my stuff?"

"Baby, that's so fucking cute." He said as he kept looking through the box, amazed.

He squinted his eyes and reached for the box. I followed his eyes and saw something that I did not want him to know about.

"What is this?"

I widened my eyes and reached out to take it off his hands. But he stood up and raised his arm, so I couldn't reach it.

It was a letter I had made for him a couple weeks after I found out he died. I expressed my feelings on it, I wrote things that I would never ever want him to read.

"Jason, no. Please just give it to me." I begged.

"Why don't you want me to see it." He asked.

"It's personal." I said as I jumped to try to reach his hand.

He opened the paper and tried to read as he held it away from me.

"Jason, stop!" I said as I pulled down his arm.

"Okay." He said as he looked at me. "You can explain what this is, or I'll keep reading it."

I only glared at him.

"Fine." He said and continued to read it.

"Hi Jason, today marks a month since you passed away. I still struggle to accept the fact that you are gone for good. I can't cope with everything that I..." he began to read out loud but closed his mouth as he continued to read it silently.