46

Songs for this chapter:

Pretty When You Cry - Lana del Rey

Past Life - Trevor Daniel, Selena Gomez

B.S - Jhené Aiko

———————————————————————

Madison's POV

"Oh my god!" My mom exclaimed as I walked through the doors of my home for the first time since Jason left.

After he left me, I spent some time in his place, crying, being sad, and getting used to the idea of him being gone. Plus, I had to prepare myself to face everyone else.

I gave her a weak smile as she pulled me into her arms. "Thank god you're okay!"

"Where were you?" "Did he do something to you?" She asked as she pulled away. I shook my head as I looked behind her. A few men in uniform stood behind her, along with my dad and brother, who rushed over to me. He pulled me into a hug and said "This is not staying like this."

I stayed quiet and let them hold me as much as they wanted.

"Miss Beer. We would like to ask you a few questions." One of the guys in uniform said as he walked towards us.

I nodded, remembering what Jason said in his letter, and trusting that they will never find him.

"Excuse me officer, but my daughter just got back after months of being missing. I think your questions can wait." My mom said, getting defensive.

"It's fine." I softly said.

"Officer, I think what my wife is trying to say is that my daughter will be willing to cooperate after she spends some time with her family." My dad said. The officer hesitated but ended up agreeing. They exchanged a few words with my dad and then left the room.

"Oh honey!" My mom said as she cupped my face. "I can't believe what you've been through." She said, tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm fine mom." I said.

My dad placed his hand on my back and asked "Did he hurt you?" in a very serious tone.

I softly smiled and shook my head. "He's gone." I said, my voice breaking as tears formed in my eyes. My dad looked at me suspiciously, probably asking himself if I had known about Jason's real identity since the beginning.

He nodded and said "We need to get you a lawyer."

"Robert, she just got back!" My said. "Let her be!"

My brother walked towards me and looked at me with pity as he took me in his arms. I held onto him tightly and closed my eyes.

I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to talk about Jason. I know he said that whatever I said was fine because he was going to be far, but it just feels wrong.