Sixty One

Songs for this chapter:

As long as you love me- Justin Bieber

Jason's POV

"Jase" "Jason, wake up"

"Jay."

I slowly fluttered my eyes open and looked up at Madison, who was fully awake now.

I gave her a soft smile as I stretched my arms.
I didn't touch her because I was afraid of hurting her, so I just let my hands rest next to her.

"Hi baby." I said.

"Hi Jay." She said, her voice coming out raspy.

"How do you feel?" I asked while staring into her eyes.

She frowned and shook her shoulders.

"You did a stupid thing." I said, in all seriousness.

I placed my hand over her forehead and softly stroke it.

"I didn't want anything bad to happen to you. I didn't want to lose you again." She said softly.

I shook my head and sighed. "You'd rather leave? Forever?" I whispered, trying my best to prevent my voice from cracking. She shrugged her shoulders as a single tear fell down her face. She grabbed onto my hand and interlocked our fingers.

"I feel stupid." She whispered. I quickly nodded in agreement and said "You should. That was the most fucking stupid thing I've ever seen."

She shook her head and said "Not because of that." I clenched my jaw as I tried to breath in. I looked down at our hands and tried to look at the positive, she's awake and talking to me.

"When Nate pulled out the gun I felt so... desperate and anxious." She said, her voice barely strong enough to talk. "Because you've been gone for three years, and know that you were back... I... I pushed away. It wasn't fair that you'd leave me again without me getting a chance to be with you." She ended her sentence in tears.

"All these years I've been asking the universe for one more chance to hug you, or look at you... and when they gave it to me I blew it." "I'm sorry Jay, I'm sorry for the way I've been treating you."

I looked at her and wiped her eyes. "It's okay." I said.
"All you need to do now is get better, because if you don't... I will never forgive you."

I brought our hands closer to my face and planted a kiss on hers.

She stared into our hands and zoned out.

"Jay... where's Nate?"

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't trust him anymore. I think you should check on him." She said.