Fourty Five

Jason's POV

"I need you to check on her and report to me right after."

"Alright. I'll call you." Jack said into the phone. I ended the call and let out a sigh and rested my head on my hands .

It's been two days since I left home, I haven't heard from Madison, which is my own fault. I changed phones, they could've tracked me down if they got a hold of my number or something, I can't risk it. That's why I have been using burners.

I know Madison isn't taking this well, I know this hurts her, but I couldn't do it any other way. I wish I could stay with her, but that seemed impossible. It was best that I left, for the both of us. I can't keep endangering her.

Jack:
I'm here

Jason:
How is she?

He was taking too long to reply and my anxiety was sky rocketing. I needed to know something about her, I can't keep being in the dark, I'm going crazy.

Madison's POV

I was in tears, sobbing uncontrollably. My hands were shaking as I read the letter over and over again.

I placed the paper down and stared at it  while crying, not knowing what to do with the pain that I felt in my chest.

I sat down on the floor and held myself. Many thoughts came to my mind, but there was one in particular that didn't leave me alone. It was like a voice in my head ordering me to harm myself.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the wall.

Madison's POV

"What are you doing here?" I asked the familiar man that stood by the doorway.

I really hadn't seen him much before, i had just been with him a couple of times because Jason would order him to watch over me or take me somewhere.

He shrugged and said "Just checking up on you."

He said, he seemed kind of nervous, he kept his hands in his pockets and looked around the house.

What does he care how I'm doing? He's nothing to me and I'm nothing to him, we don't know each other, we're not friends, we're barely acquaintances. How I'm doing is none of his business.

"Did Jason send you?" I asked. He widened his eyes and blinked a couple of times before stuttering "I- yes." He sighed.

"How are you doing?" He asked me.

It's pretty obvious I'm not doing good, I look disgusting. I have bags under my eyes, most of my face is swollen and my nose is red from staying up all night crying. I was sad he left, I was devastated to be honest, but I was also mad.

I was mad that he left without saying goodbye, without even giving me a warning. I was heartbroken because the night before he left he made me believe we were fine, he made me believe everything was going to be alright and that we would be together. And then the next morning he takes off and leaves forever.

"You can tell him I said to fuck off, how I'm doing is none of his concern anymore. You can leave." I said.

"You both sound the same when you're upset." He said while letting out a chuckle.