Fifty

Madison's POV

Madison's POV

I squealed and let out a laugh as Nate smashes his hand, filled with bubbles, on my head.

I put my hands in the sink, grabbing how much bubbles I could and throwing it at him. But I missed his face, it ended up getting on his shirt or the floor. Meanwhile he managed to get bubbles on my face again.

He looked at me in an adoring way and laughed. "I hate you." I said.

"Well, I love you." He said as he pulled me closer by my hip.

My smile faded away and my body froze.

He took in my reaction and his smile went away too.
He let go of me and licked his lips.

He cleared his throat and said "You don't have to say it back. I just... I felt it... I couldn't hold my tongue." He said.

He washed his hands and turned off the faucet.

Saying those words were a really big deal for me, I didn't just use them for anyone. Jason was the last person I said them to, which is why I... I just can't. I felt guilty for some reason. I never thought I'd love someone else after him, and now that I've found Nate...

"Do you want to go clean up?" He asked with a soft smile on his face. "Yeah." I said. He guided me through his apartment to his bedroom.

"You can grab whatever you like." He said as we entered his walk-in closet. I grabbed a burgundy sweatshirt only to see 'Harvard' scripted on the front, along with its logo. "You went to Harvard?" I asked. "Yeah, I dropped out actually." He said and let out a laugh. "I'm dating a Harvard dropout." I giggled as we walked back to the bedroom.

"What happened? Why did you dropout?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders and said "It just wasn't for me. It didn't make me happy." He said and I nodded.

He went back to the living room and I went to get cleaned up. I washed my hair and dried myself before getting into his sweater and the pants I was wearing before.
His sweater was huge on me! But I loved that.

"Hey." I said as I walked towards him. "What are we watching?" I asked as I sat next to him. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest.

"How I met your mother." "Oh, I love this show!" I said. "I have never watched it, I turned on the Tv and it was on." He said. "Oh, well it's really funny." I said.

Things were still awkward from before, and I felt bad for not saying it back. It's not that I don't love him, I do have feelings for him, I just felt weird saying it. It's been so long since I actually said it to someone.

"At what time are we going to your parents gallery?" I asked, trying to get him to talk to me and forget about earlier.

"Uh..." he looked at his watch and said "in about two hours." "I should take you home soon so you can get ready." He said. "Yeah." I agreed.