Mo Chou caught it easily, looking at it incredulously. "You came because of this?"

Tang Qingshan merely nodded his head, "I owe a promise. Well, it's more fair to say that it's a debt."

Mo Chou set the scroll onto his desk for the moment, "Who is it from?"

"He said that he was an old friend." Tang Qingshan merely said what he was told to say. Since Qi Longhai had helped him, he wouldn't want to push past the man's boundaries.

Mo Chou merely set the scroll on his desk before he resumed his conversation with Tang Qingshan. "Are you entering the city tomorrow?"

Tang Qingshan nodded his head. "Yes, since the war is officially finished, I have someone waiting for me. I also need to go back soon and visit my mother."

Mo Chou cracked a smile, picking up his brush once more as he looked over the scrolls. "Then I will prepare the banquet. I've heard that you accepted two new subordinates under your hand and that both of them are talented in their own way. Do you want me to bestow a title upon them?"

Hearing this question, Tang Qingshan caught Mo Chou's eyes and kept his silence. Thinking over it carefully, he finally said, "Both of them have sworn their loyalty to me. That being said, it is the same as swearing to following you. While the title will be desirable, it will only bring more attention to both of us." Tang Qingshan wasn't afraid to speak his mind, knowing that Mo Chou was a diligent and harsh ruler, but he was also benevolent to his citizens and to those who belonged in his faction.

With this reply, Mo Chou merely nodded his head, picking up another scroll and looking at it. There was an incense being burned in the room, a few candles lit to bring light into the dark room. "I see, then I will merely bestow upon them a few rewards. I take it that you have a place prepared for them already?" Mo Chou didn't push the matter. While he held the world in his hand, he was not egotistical.

"I have a manor near the one that I live in that I have already prepared for them. There is no need for you to worry." Tang Qingshan's eyes lifted towards Mo Chou, biting his lips before he finally asked. "Do you already know about their plan?" It was very ambiguous, even if someone overheard them, they wouldn't be able to pinpoint what exactly it was that they were speaking of.

Mo Chou paused in his action, blue eyes flickering before he resumed his action, merely saying in a nonchalant tone, "Of course, I am not a fool who will fall for presumptuous lies. If I was so foolish, I wouldn't have been able to claim this throne." His brush dipped into black ink, writing on the scroll in an elegant yet fierce calligraphy.

Hearing this, Tang Qingshan was definitely relieved. "Then it seems that I was the foolish one. Having spent some time in the mountain, it seems that I have gotten duller."

"Speaking of, were you able to find what you were seeking of? When you requested some time to leave for that mountain, I was skeptical of what exactly it was you were trying to find." Mo Chou continued on with the conversation, not lingering too long on the past subject.

With this question, Tang Qingshan noticeably got silenced. His hands rubbed against one another, eyes flickering before he said in a solemn tone, "Chouyi, you know that my father was killed by a fox demon. I found traces that he had entered that mountain, so I had took a chance and went there. Unfortunately, all the traces stopped, as if someone had took everything and erased all traces that were left behind." Saying this, there was a severe tone of anger behind his words.

Mo Chou didn't say anything to his friend who was slowly boiling with anger. Who didn't know? The famous General Tang had died under the hands of a fox demon, leaving behind his son who wasn't even five years old at the time and his wife, Shan Mingxia. It was a devastating lose for Mo Nation, the nation had mourned the lose of a great general. There were almost no traces to who had done it, but Mo Chou's father had found some evidence that it was a fox demon.