Chapter 47: The Truth About Vincent

Random dedication to: @englishllamaxherder

Chapter 47:

*Harry's P.O.V.*

"Are we at the right place Li?" I asked Liam. I looked at the shabby old house that seemed to pass of as a haunted house you might go to on Halloween. Liam held his iPhone in his hand.

"It's the right address. This was where the phone tracker said Rosie would be at." Liam said. He furrowed his eyebrow. "We should check it out. I trust the tracker."

"I knew being an over protective brother would pay off." Louis said.

If I knew before Rosie was kidnapped that Louis had a phone tracker for Rosie's phone, I'd kill him. But now it was good thing. It paid off.

I walked up to the door. It was already half broken and barely hanging on the hinges. I pushed it slightly and it opened with a loud creaking noise. Inside, broken glass was on the ground. There were flies around a piece of old pizza that someone left there. It meant that this place had been used recently.

"Harry, I found some stairs." Zayn said.

"Up?"

"Down." Zayn answered. He was on the other side of the room and pointing down. Pippa, who had insisted on coming despite Zayn's protests, clutched on Zayn's arm. Having her best friend taken away had traumatized her. I guess she never would've guessed this would happen.

Liam, Niall, Louis, and I scurried to where Zayn was and sure enough there were stairs leading down towards a basement.

But unlike the rest of the house, the stairs leading down were made of metal. There were lights lining the walls as you descended. It seemed like the only place that was fixed up.

"It was actually covered by a blanket, but I was curious." Zayn shrugged.

We got to the basment but all there was down there was a door. It was wooden with a brass knob. You could clearly hear through the door though.

What I heard made my body freeze cold.

A gun shot.

What if Rosie...

I twisted the knob and started to shake it as strangled cries left my mouth. They sounded more animal like than human. Before I knew what I was doing, I kicked the door down. It didn't burst open like I thought it would, but I fractured the door enough to squeeze my hand through an opening I had made and unlock it from the other side.

Niall pushed the door open.

There was a boy, my age, standing alone under a light bulb. He panted. He held a single gun in his hand. His golden hair was streaked with dirt and sweat.

He dropped his gun and got to the ground.

But my eyes wandered from the man to a slim hand, barely seen in the pitch darkness. "HEY YOU!" I screamed. The boy turned around and grabbed his gun from the ground.

I stepped back. This was possibly the man that killed Rosie. I mean, he had the gun in his hands. "Not one step closer." He growled. "Who are you and why are you here? How did you find the place?" He demanded.

I put my hands up in the air. My eyes went from the gun to the pale hand on the ground that lead to a body. Rosie's body. How did I know it was her hand though?

But I did know. I've held that hand in mine too many times before. I knew the feeling of her hand. The shape of her palm and fingers. It was Rosie's hand. I knew it was.

"I'm Harry Styles and I tracked this place down because my girlfriend's phone is here. Or that's what the tracker told me." I stated. I blinked back tears as I kept gazing back at her hand. Cold and dead. But I couldn't show this guy that I was being vulnerable. That would be an advantage on him and a disadvantage on me. He could use my vulnerability against me.