Chapter 35: The First Memory

Chapter 35:

It's been about three days since the news that I had lost my memory dawned on me. The thought of losing part of your life was frightening.

Frightening was too light of a word to describe exactly how I felt at the moment.

The hospital finally decided it was safe enough to release me, but there was one problem that remained standing. Where was I going to go? For once, I'm not going to a stranger's home because apparently I had lived with Louis and Harry before. I am not going to a person that said that they're my birth mother. She could be lying for all I know. Aunt Beth wasn't here to justify it either.

"Pip, where am I gonna stay?" I asked. I stood at the door of the hospital room looking around at the place where I slept for two months.

"I'm staying at Zayn's place..." She said.

"Zayn..."

"He's part of One Direction too remember? I told you I was dating him a few days ago..." Pippa said.

"Right." I said as the memory clicked into my head. "Just forgot for a second there.

"Rosie, you need to fall into your regular routine if you ever want to regain your memory. I think it's best for you to stay at Louis and Harry's place."

"Pippa, they're strangers!" I cried. "I don't know them!"

"Then get to know them." Pippa said. "It won't hurt. Plus, they would really like for you to talk to them or something. They miss you."

"But the thing is that I don't know them at all. Nothing. Zero. To me, we're strangers!" I said.

Pippa gripped my shoulders. "Rosie, you have to trust me. You have no where else to go. I'll be near you Rosie. If you ever just want to go away, just come over to me."

"But-"

"Rosie..."

"Nothing will ever be the same will it." I sighed.

"Probably not." Pippa said with a sad look in her eyes.

***

"Well...this was-is your room." Louis awkwardly said, gesturing to a spacious room. It looked like it was occupied by someone else already. But I guess that person was me.

The bed was still unmade. I never really liked to make the bed. There were picture frames on the bookshelf accompanied by a variety of books. There was a giant window too with a beautiful view.

"This...is my room?" I asked. I stepped into the room and looked around.

"Yeah." Louis said.

"And apparently you're my brother."

"Yeah..."

"And apparently Harry's my boyfriend."

"Yeah.."

"I'm just glad I never liked One Direction. I think it would be more akward if I had a crush on you or something."

"That was something you said when we first met." Louis said.

"It was?" I asked. Louis nodded.

"Alright...Maybe if I explore, something will click." I said.

"Yeah!" Louis agreed. A small smile appeared on his lips. His blue eyes flickered with something. Hope maybe? "Anything that's either mine or Harry's is yours too."

"Thanks." I said to him. "Where's Harry anyways?"

"He went to get some takeout food since Niall ate all of our food." Louis explained.