Chapter 37: Searching For A Home

Chapter 37:

"I hate myself so much right now." Pippa groaned as she paced my room. I was still at Louis and Harry's flat, but I wasn't going to be for much longer. I had bags ready to leave and Pippa knew.

"Thank you though." I said.

"You're my best friend Rosie. Even though I think you're making the biggest mistake, I'll support you because this is your life. Not mine." Pippa sighed. "I just wish you'd reconsider."

"My mind is set Pip."

"You are so lucky I got them out of the flat for the rest of the day. Their interview is far away and that includes traffic too." Pippa said.

"Thanks for organizing the interview though Pip. I really appreciate your help." I told her. Today she was helping me pick out a flat to move into. I wasn't searching for a large one. I was looking for one that sufficed my needs. All I needed was a kitchen, a small living room, a bedroom, and a bathroom. That was all I was looking for at a decent price. If I could get a better deal, then yes I would take it.

"When the boys find out I helped, they'll kill me." Pippa groaned.

"If Zayn loves you as much as he claims he does in the time that I've known him...since I woke up from that coma, he'll make sure you're alive." I said. Zayn and Pippa were sweet, I had to admit. They were a cute couple and I was glad my best friend had finally found love.

"We gotta go though Pippa. We're wasting time." I said, grabbing my phone and keys.

I had already picked out the place I was going to live at. I was going back to Doncaster, but I was making sure I was on the other side of town than my half-sisters and mother. I was familiar with Doncaster and its people. I grew up there. It was my childhood home.

The three hour ride wasn't bad. Pippa plugged her iPhone into the car's speakers and blasted out fun music to listen to while I drove.

"We are never ever ever getting back together!" Pippa sang. Taylor Swift wasn't my favorite, but her songs were actually alright. They were good songs to listen to. Plus, her hair is gorgeous. If only mine looked like hers.

"Are we there yet?" Pippa asked.

"Almost. I think we're like ten minutes from our first stop." I said.

"First?" She gasped. "How many are there?"

"Erm...six." I said. Pippa groaned.

"Don't be so lazy." I said. "It'll be fun."

"I hope that was sarcastic." Pippa said. "Because I can guarantee it won't be fun."

"It's gonna be horrible if you keep thinking that it's horrible." I pointed out receiving an eyeroll from her.

***

"This is the one Pippa." I said. "I think this is it."

We were at our sixth stop and it flew by quicker than both of us thought it would. First of all, I rejected the first and second house right after seeing how the complex looked like. It was ratty and disgusting. If I came home to see that every day, I'd gag.

"Finally." Pippa said. "THANK THE LORD!"

"Are you sure Miss Tomlinson?" The real-estate agent, Nora, said.

"I'm sure." I said. It was a decent price and if I got a pretty good job, then I could afford the flat. The rooms weren't big, but they weren't tiny. They were a sufficient size. The flat I was about to purchase consisted of a bedroom, two bathrooms, a kitchen with a breakfast table in there, a living room with a pull out couch, and a small study. It was perfect.

"Let me just get the paperwork..." Nora said.

***

The process of buying the damn flat took longer than I thought possible. I was worried by the time I came home, the boys would already be there and discover that I was gone or something. Then they'd pretty much never leave.

"Sign here Miss Tomlinson." Nora said giving me her black fountain pen. I signed my name. The flat was mine.

"Thanks Nora." I said.

"No problem. When wil you be able to move in?" Nora asked.

"In less than a week." I told her. "I don't have many belongings either."

"Alright Miss Tomlinson. It was nice to show you around. I hope to see you later." Nora said giving me a small smile. I think that's what she said to every client so I didn't mind if I never saw Nora again, but eventually I probably would.

"Can I please tell the boys at least where you're going when you leave?" Pippa begged as we both slid into my car. We buckled our seatbelts before I started the engine.

"No Pippa. Please just keep it a secret." I pleaded.

"What if they ask?"

"Lie!"

"But lying is wrong!"

"Pippa, you lie to me all the time." I said. "Like that time-"

"Point taken. Fine, I'll try, but-"

"If you give out my place, I'm gonna pack my bags and fly to another country if I have to." I said.

"Seriously?" She squeaked.

"No," I shrugged, "there's too many things to move when you go to a different country. Plus there are passport issues and its easier just to stay here in the UK. If I were to move I'd move to a different city, not country."

"Well that's good to know." Pippa sighed. "You do know that the boys will be devastated."

"I know." I didn't look at her. I focused my eyes on the road ahead of me.

"Then why are you leaving?"

"To start fresh." I repeated. I told this to her many times too.

"You're really doing this aren't you?" Pippa asked. "You're not even thinking twice about it?"

"Pippa, I know you just want me to stay. I love you to bits because you're my best friend, but you have to understand the pressure that's on my shoulders right now. I just need time." I said to her.

Pippa sighed. "I'll miss you."

"We can Skype as long as the boys aren't around." I said.

"Yeah...but it won't be the same without my best friend." Pippa whimpered. "We do everything together. It's gonna be so weird...so different...,do you know how much I want you to-"

"Remember?" I finished for her. "I know. Everyone wants me to remember. I'm sorry okay?"

"Rosie-"

"I'm sorry for being a disappointment."

"You're not Rosie." Pippa said. "I just don't want to lose my best friend."

"I don't either."

We stayed silent for the rest of the ride. There was nothing else to say.

Yup, short chapter! BUT HEY I UPDATED! I got my requirements! Man that wasn't a very long break. So erm...Thanks for all the votes and comments. Y'all made my day! I also liked your ideas for Halloween. One person said she was gonna wear a cardboard box and write COSTUME on it. Haha that's a good one. I might be a witch...or a pumpkin...I dunno yet! The requirements this time are:

60 votes

40 comments

Fellow USA citizens, if you watched the X Factor tonight, did you see the One Direction commercial for Pepsi? I completely flipped out. It was hilarious and I just laughed! They're all so damn hot. There's a picture of them on the side plus a video of the commercial! I captured the perfect moment on the picture :p Please vote, comment, and fan me! Thanks guys!!!

-Naidraa