28. Gregory

I think I must be dreaming, Travis wants to retire and start a family with me? So soon? He will turn into a werewolf real soon and he just became Luna and he wants to start a family? I love him for wanting to do that but it seems that it'll be too much for him to handle at once. 

I was stunned and told him we can talk about it later. He was tired and wanted to rest so I kissed him and made sure he was comfortable before I took a shower and dressed in sweatpants only and went to my office in the packhouse to have time to myself to think about what he said. I don't want him to give up his life's passion just because he is going to change and is Luna. 

I work, my family work, most of the pack members work so I don't understand why he will do that just because of who he is and what he will become. 

"Alpha?" Cooper knocked on my door and since it was open I nodded and he walked in and sat in the chair in front of the desk.

"What is it Cooper?" 

"Are you alright? I'm asking as your friend, not your Beta." 

"I'm fine, just thinking of something Travis just told me." I got up from my chair and poured two glasses of whiskey wolfsbane and handed him one.

"What did he say?" Since we're talking as friends and not as Alpha and Beta, he is more open with pushing me to talk.

"He told me he is wanting to retire when his contract is up in a couple of months and wants to start a family. I can't seem to understand why he is willing to do that Coop. He doesn't have to give up his dream to make me happy. Him being happy with his work makes me happy." 

"That may be true but Gregory, he loves you more and he has talked to me last year about wanting to retire when his contract was up but he wasn't sure. Since you two are mated now that decision for him got easier to make." 

"Yea I understand that Copp more than anyone but I can't let him leave the Army without him thinking more about it. Since I can hear his thoughts he hasn't thought about this until he became Luna tonight so I honestly think he's just rushing this because of that." I sighed and felt like Travis was doing this without thinking it all the way through. 

"Do you not want a family with him?" 

"Of course I do. I have waited a very long time for my Luna and to have a family, I'd lock him in the suite for the rest of my life if I could since we mated but I can't do that. I would love to see him round with my pups Cooper but I also want him to do it because he is truly ready. He got the shot so that to me tells me he isn't. He could have told me he wanted a family and we talked about this before he went and got it. If he wanted a family now and gotten pregnant, he wouldn't show for a few months so he still could have served out the rest of his contract either way." I have no idea how to feel about this or what to think. Yes it would be amazing to have a baby with my mate I am not saying it wouldn't but I need Travis to be absolutely certain about it before I get him pregnant. 

"I didn't get the shot." I snapped my head up and looked at Travis standing at the door in nothing but my t-shirt and briefs. 

"Excuse us Cooper." I said and he slipped out of my office closing the door behind him. 

"What did you say?" I asked my nervous mate.

"I didn't get the shot. I knew this is what I wanted love and I wanted to surprise you but I felt your worry about my decision to leave the Army and start a family with you. I don't like you worrying about things like this. You should know by now that I wouldn't lie to you and when I say I'm ready for something, it means I am. I have worked since I was a kid around the farm with my parents and joining the Army, I need a break. This is what I want Gregory, so please stop worrying." He put his arms around my neck and nuzzled his face in my chest. I sighed and wrapped mine around his waist and kissed his head.