21. Travis

Christmas tree ^^^

"Is it time to go home yet?" I asked the open air as I sat back in my chair and rubbed my face. Work was work, nothing exciting there, same old spam in my emails so nothing exciting there. I can't wait for Christmas. 

It's a week before Christmas. 

Christmas. It has always been my favorite holiday. I love the feeling the season brings upon us and since Colby is older, he can enjoy it so much more than when he was a baby. He absolutely loved New York and the Christmas tree in Central Park. His face literally almost fell off of his head from how big his eyes got and his mouth fell open. Gregory took a photo of that, it's one of my favorite moments of our trip. 

He hasn't returned my call from that one and only time I called and I did try again but his phone is off I guess. No other contact has been made either. I know I told him to leave us alone but I didn't think he would actually disappear from our lives so quickly, he even stopped sending me things. It's like he completely let go and I don't know what to think about that. 

I met this guy one night, not even looking to meet anyone. I was out with Cooper and this guy came up to me and just started talking to me. Cooper gave him the evil eye the whole time but he didn't seem to notice or if he did, he didn't comment on it. He was a breath of fresh air and I like spending time with him.

He knew who I was before I even told him my name. Hell everyone across the world knows who I am since I have been in more than one tabloid and on the cover of a few when Gregory and I were together. Now I see me and Charlie on the cover with sayings like "Gregory Morgan's ex lover is seen with a new man" "Seems like the heart throb Gregory Morgan is single again" and plenty of others. Charlie doesn't seem to mind we're in them, he is a very carefree type of person. 

Colby on the other hand much like Copper can't stand him so I don't bring him to my house, we go to his when we do have time alone. Cooper refuses to watch Colby for me. He tells me if I want to fuck, I find a way without bringing him into my mess. 

"Hey have you gotten the latest reports in yet?" Cooper asked when he walked into my office. I handed him the stack of reports and he was about to walk out but I stopped him. 

"How is he?" I asked in a whisper because I know he doesn't like talking about Gregory with me since I started seeing Charlie. 

"What's it to you Travis? You act like the man never loved you and you completely ignored the email he sent you. He asks me all the time if you had told me anything to say to him but I have no answer because you aren't saying anything about it." 

"What email? I haven't gotten any emails from him." I defended myself. He opens his phone and taps on it and hands it to me and I sit back in my chair and I notice the date was three weeks ago. I read the words and I reread them over and over again to make sure I didn't forget any of them. 

"I have never seen this email Cooper, you gotta believe me." I said and I wiped my face and felt my cheeks were wet, I didn't even realize I was crying. 

"Sure you didn't. He sent this to me with another email saying he sent that to you but you didn't respond and wanted me to find out what was going on. He was worried that he went over the line with what he said and with Colby. He knows you moved on so he said he is happy for you and he won't bother you anymore. Travis, I don't know what else I can say that he hasn't but don't let him go without fighting for him." With that he walked out after he took his phone from me when I handed it to him. 

I wonder why I haven't gotten the email when I saw for myself that he did send it to me three weeks ago. I can't even remember where I was when that email came through, I know I was with Charlie and Gregory said it was late for me so did it come and my phone woke Charlie up and he read it, deleted it and not tell me? If so that's pretty fucked up and petty.