18. Gregory

Listen to the song ^^ to get the feels of the chapter, it's an emotional one.

"I'm a werewolf." Three words, three simple words I regret ever saying to the love of my existence. I will never forget his face or his words and reaction to those three words for as long as I live.

I decided I would tell Travis about me, about wolves and that he's my mate two weeks ago. It's been six months now since we have been together and I told him the night of Colby's fourth birthday party. 

Everything was going great, Colby was over the moon with happiness, he got a lot of cool gifts and I even was allowed to plan his party and the pack went, thankfully Colby was friends with a lot of the pack kids. The pack was happy to be around their Lunos, they felt at ease and content. My mind was filled with words of praise of how wonderful Travis was, how well he seemed to get along with everyone and how much they all adored and loved Colby.

That night we went back to his house and I helped put Colby to bed and bring in his gifts and we had a drink of whiskey and sat outside under the stars just enjoying being together when I opened my big mouth.

"I have to tell you something Travis. It's serious and I need you to listen to me until I'm finished." I said and he sat up, he was laying down with his head on my lap and I sighed and took his hands in mine and we faced one another and I looked into his eyes as serious as I could. I was nervous I'm not gonna lie. 

"You know when you told me your phobia of wolves I was scared of how you would react to what I'm about to tell you but since you have been getting help with therapy, I feel better about saying this because I have to tell you, I should have told you by now but I didn't know how to but Travis, I am a werewolf and you are my mate. A mate is like a soul mate to humans, you are my other half, we are meant to be together. You have half of my soul and I have half of yours and when we met, I knew you were my mate and that is why you felt drawn to me, to want to be with me as much as I wanted to be with you. We are destined to be together by the moon Goddess. She is my higher power, who I pray to. I swear I'm not lying about this Travis. I would never lie about something like this." I said and as soon as I said that he let my hands go and he slapped me across the face and he stood to his feet and he balled his fists up and he was shaking in anger.

"I told you about my phobia and you think it's ok to make fun of me! You think you can get close to me, make me fall in love with you!? Get close to my son, make him love you and call you papa so what, so you can fucking use my fear against me?! You are a sick son of a bitch to think this is funny! This shit about a mate, so if I wasn't your mate I would probably still be with Peyton and you would still be with Alec! If it weren't for us being mates according to you, we never would have been together so I see no point in being together anymore Gregory. You get out of my house, you and I are done! You stay the hell away from us, don't call, don't text, don't show up and you better stay the fuck away from my son! I never want to see you again Gregory! Get out!" His words hit hard, I couldn't breathe and I felt like I was going to lose it and shift so I got off the ground and looked at him one last time and left. 

When I made it home, I went to bed and cried all night long into the early hours of the morning. I didn't go to work for the rest of the week and I didn't even answer my phone when people called, didn't answer my door when Alec would knock to see if I was ok, didn't even get up to shower or eat. I felt numb and dead inside. The second week I did get out of bed and ate, showered and went to get a haircut and a shave because I was looking rough but in all honesty, I didn't care because my mate hated me. 

I never thought I would see such an emotion in his beautiful green eyes with specks of blue directed at me. I didn't think it was possible to hurt this much and every little thing reminds me of him and Colby. I didn't listen to him and I called him only to be ignored several times. 

Cooper has to know by now what happened and if he does, he hasn't said anything but then again, I haven't been outside of my room in the evenings when he would be home to come over. He may have been one of the many people at my front door that Alec turned away on my behalf. 

Rift hasn't said a word to me, hasn't even tried to surface since that night and I don't think he will until we see our mate again, if we ever see him again. 

If I had just kept my mouth shut we would still be together and happy. I wouldn't be miserable and cry like a bitch all the damn time, that's not me. That's not who I am but lately it's who I am becoming and I don't like it. 

"Gregory sweetie, can I come in?" My mama asked as she knocked on my office door. I decided to come into work to get my mind off of things for a bit.

"Sure mama." The door opened and she walked in with a bag of take out and sat it on my desk.

"We're going to have lunch and you are going to tell me what is going on with you. You don't look so good darling." She said as she took the food out so as we ate I told her what happened and I swear I never want to see my mama cry again after this because it hurt seeing her beautiful face soaked with tears.

"Oh baby I am so sorry." She said and I hugged her and let my tears fall again and she comforted me like the mama wolf she is and it felt nice being in her arms again like when I was a child. 

"I don't know what to do mama, I didn't think he would react the way he did, not after all this time of being together. I thought by now he would know I'd never hurt him, I'd rather die than think about ever hurting him. He should know how much I love him and how much he and Colby mean to me. I know he told me to leave him alone but I keep calling, I even sent a lot of flowers, stuffed animals, chocolates and even sent dinners to his house, I even sent him this song I have been listening to on repeat (song in the header) all to show him I love him and want to be with him even if I am hurting like this. I know it's not his fault I'm in pain, I'm at fault for being the one thing he is deathly afraid of. Why couldn't he be afraid of freaking cats? I love him mama." I cried into her shoulder as she kept rubbing my back and rocking side to side gently, just like when I was a child. 

"I know you do baby, I know. I'm sorry you are hurting Gregory and I wish there was something I could do to help you with this, to help make it better. I hate seeing you hurt like this. Both of my sons are hurting because of your mates, a mother's worst fear is her children hurting and there isn't anything she could do. How about tonight you come home and have dinner with us and hang out with your brother? You both could use the comfort of one another right now." She wiped my cheeks and kissed me and I nodded and tried to smile but it was broken, like my heart. 

"Ok, I'll be there." I said and I felt a sharp pain in my heart and gasped, grasping at my chest. 

"It's ok, I'm ok mama." I said when she looked at me like I was going to fall over which I felt like I was but I need to be strong, for her. 

"Ok, I'm going to get going. I have to go shopping for dinner so I will see you at seven. I love you son, let me know if you need anything." She kissed me and left. I cleaned up our lunch and I shut the light off, locked the door, closed the blinds and laid down on the couch to get some rest because I am tired, so tired of it all. 

I hope Travis is doing much better than I am.