23. Travis

Today marks five months since Gregory has been gone and almost six since I rejected him. Cooper has been helping me as best as he can with my phobia. He's shifted into his wolf a few times and my heart just sank seeing his wolf. He said the beast clawed his eye leaving the scar but the way he looks at me I know it was the stones.

After a few days of helping me, he began to become distant and I can only assume it was my fault or something happened to Gregory.

I miss him so much and I can't even tell him how much he means to me. I know I have a long way to go but I'm willing to make it work for all of us.

"Mr. Laden, how nice to see you again. How are you doing today?" My therapist said.

"I'm ok." I lied. He gave me this questioning look like he didn't believe me and I sighed.

"The dog park was a bit hard for me. I'm able to be around Bolt now without others there but the dog park has been a problem. I look at some of them and it just brought me back to that day." I looked down at my hands.

"What about them still troubles you?" He asked.

"It's not so much the looks anymore but the sounds. Specifically the growling, snarling, and the drooling." I said remembering how that beast sounded.

"Well Travis it sounds like your psych has been able to separate the looks but not the sound so, in a way, you've developed a new phobia." He said. A new phobia?

"What do you mean by a new fear?" I asked.

"I mean you've gone from fearing the animal itself to the sound it makes which believe it or not is a step forward in the right direction."

"So what's the new phobia?" I asked as I'd like to have the name... in case I freak out in public.

"You have Misophonia, it might be described as when a sound 'drives you crazy' your reactions can range from anger and annoyance to panic and the need to flee. It all stems from your accident with that beast. Other names include Selective Sound Sensitivity Syndrome, sound-rage ." He said.

"Your trigger is the sound of when a dog gets angry or aggressive. As long as Bolt or any dog doesn't turn aggressive you should be fine. I won't clear you from our sessions yet because we still have a long way to go until you're completely cured but you're definitely on your way." He said and I sighed.

So I've gone from possibly being able to see Gregory in wolf form but may flinch or freak if he gets angry. Fucking hell, I just want to be with Gregory and prove to him that I'm trying.

I guess I could still celebrate... but how? I mean it was Valentine's Day so I could take Colby out to hang and spend time together.

After my session, I drove home and I was completely lost in thought and I needed Gregory here, he's the only one who can help me know and he's not even here and I don't know when he'll be back. On my way home I got some candy, a single painted rose and a stuffed bear for Colby.

"I'm home kiddo..." I smiled and there he was in Alec's hands.

"Kiddo why don't you go get dressed, we're going out to lunch." I smiled and he ran off.

"Thanks again for watching him, Alec." I said as we sat in the kitchen.

"No problem." He said.

"Is Cooper still not talking to you?" He asked.

"Yes and no. He talks to me as a friend but Gregory and their business is off-limits." Code for everything is on the table but no more werewolf talk or about Gregory until I get better. After he growled that day it brought back those memories and I had a mini freak out so he told me nothing more about wolf stuff.