Chapter Eighteen

**Ikkaku's POV**

I looked away from the doctor. Doing my best to keep my composure and the want to pummel this guy into the ground. "You're going to feel a slight pressure, please relax." An urk formed on my head but it immediately went away when I felt Midori's hand clench mine tightly.

I looked at her, eyes closed, biting her lip. Does this really hurt? Maybe it's uncomfortable for her? "Alright, now if you'll look at the screen here." I looked up, my heart stopped and my eyes widened. 

There on the screen in black and white, was a baby. It was moving around a lot. Is that a good thing? Midori's quiet giggle caused me to face her. "Looks like our little bean has quite the fighting spirit already." I smiled, already feeling like a proud father. I looked back at the screen, watching our baby move. 

"Ms. Kurosaki....if I'm correct, you said you're no more than at least 4 weeks pregnant. But....the baby says otherwise." I look at the doctor and Midori asked worriedly "What do you mean?"

He cleared his throat "I mean....baby is measuring at least 9 weeks. you're almost out of your first trimester." A lump formed in my throat. 'She was a virgin. Is it possible that the baby is growing much quicker due to being a spirit being? Quick Ikkaku! Think!'

A sudden knock could be heard on the door, grabbing everyone's attention. The door opened slowly and appeared Mr. Urahara. No hat, white cloak, black shirt and pants. He looked like a doctor. What is he up to?

"Excuse me for the intrusion but I will be handling her appointments here on out! Thank you Doctor....?" He stretched his hand out, ready to shake Dr. Wood's hand. "Wood. Dr. Wood. Now this may be strange but I've never seen you here until today. When did you start? Ms. Kurosaki is my patient." 

Urahara starts pushing Dr. Wood out of the room. "Yes yes but the staff decided I would be best for this patient. Good day!" He slammed the door shut and this was all we could hear.

"Excuse me! Who are.....h-hey! What is that?!" We could hear a puff of smoke and a thump. "Now that he's outta the way!" Urahara looks at me and Midori. "I was afraid this would happen. But due to Ikkaku being a spirit being and you, Midori, being a human. Your child will indeed grow exponentially. I don't know about outside of the womb, but right now, we do need to expect the unexpected!"

**Midori's POV**

"So....what your saying instead of nine months of pregnancy...I'm looking at 4-5?" Kisuke unfolded his fan "Precisely!" I nodded slowly, taking everything in. Kisuke's cheery look suddenly went dark "From here on out, we will have to perform your ultrasounds to ensure the baby is healthy. Unless you want this baby to become a guinea pig for experiments, I suggest you keep it on the down low." 

We all nodded in agreement. "Are you able to perform this kind of thing at your shop Urahara?" I looked at Ikkaku as he asked that question. Thinking about how important it actually is. "Nope! But it shouldn't be long for us to get one into the shop!" He smiles devilishly behind his fan "I always wanted to play doctor."

This pissed Ikkaku off "So help me god Kisuke! You do one wrong thing to my woman and child I will kill you!" His eyes had a spark in them and I couldn't help but chuckle. He's already so protective of our baby.

I placed my hand on my stomach and looked up at the screen. Admiring my child. Then in dawned on me. "Um....can I go home now....and maybe get this thing out of me...?" 

--------------------------------------------------

Oh my goodness you guys!!! I am SO sorry for not updating!!! Unpacking boxes is hard! Especially figuring out where I want everything! I am definitely hoping to come out with more chapters! And almost 200 reads!?! THANK YOU