Chapter Seventeen

**Ikkaku's POV**

-flashback-

"I'll do it. I'll move to the Soul Society with you and our child." I quickly grabbed her hands "Do you not understand?! You will possibly die!" She looked up at me, smiling painfully. 

"I know and I'm okay with that"

-End of flashback-

I sat on the roof of the apartment, biting the tip of my thumb. 'I don't want to lose her but she's determined to make sure our child stays safe.' 

"What am I going to do.....?" I whispered to myself. I noticed the sun was starting to rise. 'I must have stayed up all night.' I jump off of the roof and head towards Midori's apartment window.

As I climb into the already open window, landing in the living room, I look around to confirm she was still asleep. "Bleeehhhh" (or some throwing up noise)

Or so I thought. I rush to the bathroom, noticing a light coming from underneath the door. I softly knock and open it up. "Midori....." She was leaning against the toilet, face lacking color but the red around her eyes and cheeks. I walk behind her, brushing her hair back and rubbing her back. "Are you alright, Midori?"

Her body reflex, she started to hack before throwing up once again. I rubbed her back, trying my best to comfort her. "I-I'm okay...." she slowly sits back, taking a piece of toilet paper and wiping her mouth. She tossed the TP into the toilet and flushed it. "Just some morning sickness."

I picked her up, carrying her bridal style. She leaned her head against my chest "I can walk. Not like I'm dying" I couldn't help but chuckle. Even though she's not feeling well, she's still an asshole. 

"I don't know much about this whole pregnancy nonsense, but please let me do what I see necessary" She sighed quietly, I glance down and notice a small smile on her face as her eyes were closed. She was gorgeous. Her bed head, cricked glasses, she was in just a shirt, to me, she was gorgeous. 

I gently laid her on the couch, she quickly laid down and got comfortable. I grabbed the blanket and placed it on top of her. "The appointment is today at 10am" I glance over at the clock above her tv. It was barely 7am. 

"We still have a couple of hours, can I make you anything? Would you like to sleep some more?" She yawned in response, furthering herself into the couch. "A nap sounds nice...." Her eyes were getting heavy, I chuckled quietly and sat on the floor. I grabbed her hand and laid my head against her belly. She sighed happily and closed her eyes. Instantly falling asleep and so did I.

-Time skip to the hospital-

"So he's the father?" The nurse asked

"Yes" 

"Are you married?"

"No"

The nurse glanced up, feeling her judgmental gaze towards me. The next question set me off. "Will putting the child up for adoption be in question?" That's it!

I slammed my hands against the desk, glaring her down and causing her to become uneasy under my gaze. "Why the hell would you ask that kind of question?! This child is very much so wanted and will be raised by loving fucking parents!!" The nurse's eyes were filled with terror. She immediately grabbed the clipboard and ran out of the room.

I looked towards Midori and she was not amused. Her arms were crossed and she was glaring at me. "That was not necessary. They are just asking questions as a precaution. Not to insult you." 

I looked away from her, avoiding eye contact as much as possible. "Certainly felt like it....." I mumbled out. 

A quiet knock came from the door and a man in white poked his head in. "Hello! You must be the expecting couple! First let me say, Congratulations! My name is Dr. Wood and I will be your OBGYN throughout your pregnancy." He stares at me sternly. "I would appreciate it if you didn't scare my nurse away. She is here to do a job, not to be harassed."

I frowned, not too keen on this doctor. I watched him closely as he read the clipboard "Alright Ms. Kurosaki, I need you to remove your clothes from the waist down."

"WHAT FOR?!" I got into the doctor's face, ready to pummel him. He just stared at me, not amused. "If I am correct, we won't be able to see the baby through a regular ultrasound. We need to do a sonogram to get a good picture." I felt a small but firm hand on my own. I look at Midori's sheepish smile and she nods, confirming that everything will be okay. 

_____________

YAY!!! Another chapter for my lovely readers! I hope everyone is enjoying this so far!