Chapter Twenty Three

**3rd person**

Screaming could be heard throughout Hueco Mundo.

Fraccions were running in and out of Szayel's lab. Szayel stood outside of his own laboratory, pacing back and forth. A spiritual pressure stopped him in his tracks as he looked up and down the hallway. 

Lord Aizen accompanied by Gin and Tousen. Lord Aizen stopped in front of Szayel, his face grim. "What is going on?"

Szayel gulped "M-my lord.....she's....she's not doing well....."

Lord Aizen's gaze shifted towards the labs door "And what of the child?"

All Szayel could do was shake his head grimly. 

"AHHHHH" Another scream could be heard and cause Szayel to jump. He slowly lifted his hand for the door but stopped in his tracks.

"Well now isn't this interesting" Like a snake slithering up his back, Szayel froze.

Gin walked beside Szayel and leaned forward, smirking. "It seems our Espada Eight has a thing for the young lady."

**Szayel's POV**

I held my breath as Gin opened his eyes, staring at me with those blood red eyes. It felt like my blood was running cold as I stared into what seemed like demon eyes. 

"Leave him alone Gin. Her spiritual pressure is dwindling, can you do anything about it Szayel?"

Gin backed away from me and looked at Lord Aizen, shrugging as if nothing actually happened. Lord Aizen's gaze remained on me, I straightened up and cleared my throat.

"I'll see what I can do Lord Aizen."

I walked into my lab, closing the door behind me. My fraccions bowed as I walked past them. 

One fraccion stopped in front of me, she was one of the nurse fraccions I created for this moment. "Fraccion 182, what's the situation?"

She glanced behind for a moment and faced me. "The patient is bleeding out but a strange mark started glowing purple on her wrist."

'A strange mark? I recall her talking about a mark that appeared shortly after having a dispute with her zanpakuto'

I follow the nurse fraccion and freeze immediately. 

The color red stained the floors, the hands of the other fraccions, and the sheet that covered Midori.

I couldn't control myself and ran to her side. She looked up with half lidded eyes and smiled, reaching her hand out weakly. I kneeled beside her, grabbing her hand in the process.

"Keep your promise.....and save my baby Szayel......" I felt tears threatening my eyes. "Midori I....."

She squeezed my hand and tightly as she could. "Please Szayel....."

I stood up, not letting go of her hand. She was in so much pain but she wanted her baby alive more than anything. I pointed towards the nurse fraccion "Prepare for a c-section and blood transfusion. We're going to try and save them both!"

**Ikkaku's POV**

I had this sick feeling in my stomach as me, Ichigo, Chad, Uryuu, Rukia, and Renji ran through the doors of Hueco Mundo. 

'I'm almost there Midori, please be okay!'

"Guys stop!" Ichigo yelled. 

Everyone came to a halt and stared at Ichigo. Seeing his face go pale and point in front of him. I followed the direction he was pointing and seen Aizen holding something in a blanket.

"I see you finally made it." He uncovered the blanket and appeared a sleeping baby's face.

My heart stopped "Aizen! Is that....Where....Where is she you bastard! Where's my sister!"

I felt tears form and anger filled my heart 'Midori.....' 

Aizen flashed stepped away with the baby. Myself and Ichigo chased after him.

"Aizen you bastard! Give me my child!"

The chase continued until we noticed a figure in front of us, stopping.

"Whose that?" Ichigo asked. "Who are they carrying?"

The figure seemed to be carrying a person in their arms. "I'm sorry....." it was coming from a man. "I couldn't....." His breath sounded shaky.

The figure continued walking towards us. The shadow of a man became more detailed. Pink haired, glasses, looked like he was covered in "Blood?"

The woman he was carrying, she was covered in blood and then it dawned on me. I ran at full sprint towards the man, tears in my eyes "Midori!"

The pink haired man collapsed the moment I reached him. I noticed tears were in his own eyes as he handed her to me. 

I cradled Midori close to my body. "M-Midori...." Ichigo grabbed a hold of the man's shirt and pulled him close to his face. "What the hell happened to my sister!?" Tears formed in Ichigo's eyes but he was doing his best to stay calm.

"I'm sorry.......I'm so sorry....I tried to keep her alive during the delivery.....but she was bleeding out....and.....and....."

Listening to this strangers voice, I could tell he had feelings for Midori. I brought her cold body closer to mine and placed my forehead against hers. "Thank you.....for taking care of her....." I stood up, lifting up Midori's body in the process and I faced the man.

He should be considered our enemy, but he delivered my child safely. I walked towards him and faced him, offering her body to him.

He looked up at me confused and took her in his arms. "What are you doing Ikkaku?!" Ichigo was pissed but he wasn't the only one. I ignored him.

"What is the gender?" The pink haired man looked up at me and smiled. "A girl"

I nodded, getting ready to search for Aizen. "Ichigo.....let's go get your niece and my daughter back!"

**Szayel's POV and flash back**

I held onto Midori's hand, trying to comfort her as the fraccion started making the incision. It didn't take the nurse fraccion long to complete the c-section and hand Midori the baby as she was being patched up.

"Look Szayel.....a beautiful.....little girl...." She said weakly but I couldn't help but admire her. She stared at her baby lovingly but soon motioned for one of the fraccions to come take the baby. 

That's when I noticed Lord Aizen was in the room, I didn't say anything to Midori because I didn't want her condition to get worse. Lord Aizen took the little girl and left without saying a word. He got what he wanted. 

"Szayel...." Midori's gentle voice brought my attention back to her. "Come closer...."

I did as she asked, I got closer to her face and she gestured me to come closer. My ear was by her lips "Thank you.....please.....protect my daughter....."

I felt her hand on the back of my head and I pulled away, she stared at me with those gorgeous green eyes as she played with my hair. I couldn't control myself anymore and leaned it to kiss her.

She never stopped it but instead, encouraged it. She gently kissed back but soon stop. I pulled away quickly when I heard the heart monitor sound off.

"No....."

I look towards my fraccions frantically "Do something!"

They scurried around, unsure what to do without direct commands. "Midori please!"

Tears fell down my face "Please don't leave me alone....."

_______________________________________________________________

Aaaaaand I'm gonna end that here. I'm sorry you guys!! I've been gone for a month and I throw this at you!! But here you go! Please don't hurt me T^T