Chapter Eight

After dinner, I sat on the couch with Yumichika while Ikkaku picked out which room he wanted. We sat in silence, watching tv. "So are you going to tell me what happened?" I looked at Yumichika curiously "What the hell are you talking about?"

He points at my now covered painting "You seemed to get upset over that painting. I can't help but be curious about the meaning behind it. True beauty doesn't just appear, the more emotions you feel, the outcome can be truly beautiful. So, what happened?"

I just stared at him in shock. Like I was some locked box he was trying to pry open, and it was working. I looked down at my hands and sighed.

"Before I considered moving back home, I was with someone. Everything was going great, we never argued, always agreed, it was like a miracle."

"I considered giving up being a soul reaper to be with him. Settle down, get married, have a couple of kids. I wanted to propose the idea to him, see how he felt about us moving in together."

I clench my fists "This was the first time he got mad at me, saying I was being selfish and not considering his feelings. I was confused because I only suggested the idea, I didn't want to force it on him."

"He stayed the night with me that night. But when I woke up at 2am, he wasn't in bed with me. I heard some noises coming from the kitchen and figured he was just hungry."

Tears started to form and I was feeling sick "He was hungry all right, for another woman. He was having a grand fucking time in my kitchen." I sigh out, getting my emotions back under control.

Mumbling out "I blame myself though, I always avoided the idea of sex just in case."

"Out of curiosity, I followed him all that week. He met up with a different woman every couple of hours and then come over, 'exhausted' from work. I couldn't do it. I waited for the next day when he left for work. I packed up my shit and stayed at a hotel for the next couple of weeks until I found this place."

I got up from the couch and headed towards the kitchen to get a drink, my thoughts were so clouded that I didn't realize who was standing in front of me until my face made contact with their chest.

**Ikkaku's POV**

I grunted when she walked into me. She looked up, adjusting her glasses and staring up at me. Her eyes were red, like she was holding back tears. I heard her story and wanted to beat the shit out of the guy she was with. Nobody deserved that.

Without thinking, I brought her into a hug. It was definitely a shock to her since she tensed up but she quickly welcomed the hug, wrapping her arms around my neck, burying her face in my chest. Quiet sobbing could be heard as her body quivered. 

I placed one hand on her head and wrapped my arm around the small of her back. Patting her head, encouraging her to let it all out. 

I look up to see Yumichika, he had a smug look on his face, smiling, he walked away waving. Leaving us alone. 

That same feeling from earlier was back. I couldn't quite figure out what I was feeling. Midori started to talk, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"The yin yang.....I painted them in hopes that one day, I'll find my better half. The one who completes me." She pulled away from the hug, leaving me feeling cold. She wiped her tears away and smiled up at me. 

"Thank you for the hug, Ikkaku. I'm going to go to bed now. See you in the morning."

I watched her walk towards her room "Yeah....see ya...."