Chapter 18: National Championship

I have a question, do you think 1 chapter every 15 days is too long? I'm considering to move to 1 chapter per week schedule as I've written several chapters ahead of this. Let me know what you think!

A flashback chapter! Yay!
*distraction planted*

---

"Why do we have to go here again?"

Tom lazily walked towards the university football stadium. It was 10 in the morning and he had just done his essay last night. There wasn't even any class until 15 later. Well, they were in the first semester anyway, so things were still cool for them.

In front of him, Lucy shrugged. "I just think it might be interesting."

The wolf shook his head.

"Lucy, you know we're not football fans." Martin said beside him. "I mean, what's the point?"

"At least it's better than doing nothing in your dorm."

"Doing nothing is still better."

Tom yawned; on one hand, he agreed with Martin, but on the other hand, he didn't know if he wanted to sleep again after the nightmare.

They arrived at the podium. Tom looked around, there were so many people here, but he wasn't feeling their excitement. Really, all that he saw in a football match was 22 people trying to take control of 1 ball. Exciting for them, but not really for him.

"Why's it this crowded again?"

Lucy bought popcorn from a stand next to the entrance. "Kan it's the Nat-Champ first stage. Our uni is facing Hampstertown University."

"That Hampstertown University?" he asked as they walked inside. True enough, people were wearing white and blue, their campus' colours. On the opposite side were people wearing red and black, the colours of the rivalling university.

"Yoi. It would be bad if we lost at the first stage."

"Isn't Nat-Champ provincial level?"

"It's National Championship. Wake up already, Mart!"

They climbed the podium, and sure enough, they couldn't find a good enough seat. Only after looking for some time did they find some empty seats. It wasn't the best, but at least they could see the playing field quite clearly.

Lucy ate some of the popcorn. Tom just leant on the seat and checked his phone in disinterest.

"Pass the popcorn." Mart said.

The game started not long after. After singing the national anthem and each university's anthem, the game started. As he predicted, he... didn't really understand the game.

But the players did look hot, though.

Some of them, no, all of them had great bodies. And because they were running all over the field, their bodies were printed on their jerseys. That at least increased his interest in the game.

"Guys, guys, let's sit over there." Lucy said when she saw several empty seats a few rows in front of them.

They moved there, and because it was closer to the field, they could see the game more clearly.

Whoa. Tom never appreciated a sporting event until now.

They were all sexy, and his gay mind did not focus at all on the ball, but at the ones running and gasping and trying their hardest to take the ball and kick it. There was a lion that piqued his interest, the way his mane majestically swung as he ran enthralled him.