Chapter 38: Home Sweet Home, Part 1

*runs away

---

Tom put the last piece of lemper on the plate. That was all, the snacks were ready for tonight, well, extras since apparently his guests liked his snacks and they ran out. The wolf let out a satisfied sigh and brought the plate to the living room. "Here's more lemper."

"Great!"

"Nice!"

"Love you, Tom!"

He just chuckled at their responses. "You're welcome."

After almost three years of saving money, he finally dared rent a flat for himself. Octo recommended this one to him. It wasn't very far from the panther's flat and cheap enough without being too small and barebones. Tom rented it for now, planning to buy it later when he had the money. He'd paid for six months of the rent and didn't have to worry about anything again, maybe electricity and water but they wouldn't cost him much.

Now, he had a place to rest, a home. And it was his, earned through his sweat and blood.

And now he had a kitchen.

The grey wolf sat down on the sofa. Next to him, Octo smiled and put his arm behind his neck while taking a lemper with another. "Seriously, if I'd known you could cook this good, I would've asked you to cook for me every day." He said with a grin.

Tom laughed a little. "Nah, I just happen to be lucky that I didn't burn the cooker."

They all laughed. Somehow, he felt Max's gaze boring into him.

"Eh, give these ones to Theodore and those in the balcony," he said as he took one for himself.

"Nope, this is a treasure." Kevin said, already on his third.

Andy and Yohan laughed. "Yep, fuck them for not actually congratulating you." The lion said, his hand coming back to his girlfriend's neck. Finally, after years of hunting and sad stories of being dumped, the lion had a girlfriend.

"I think you're the one who came here just for the food, right, Andy?" Nathan joked.

Everyone laughed again at a reddened Andy. "I did not!"

Actually, Octo's arm was making him uncomfortable... in a good way. He knew he should not feel this way, but the way he was embraced made him feel the panther's hard muscles, not to mention smell his scent. He had been sitting next to the panther since he came and now he was starting to regret it... actually no he did not regret it.

Also, the panther planned to stay for tonight, so no, he did not regret it at all.

But, for the sake of his lower parts, probably it'd be best if he stepped away for a bit.

"Bathroom." He said to Octo. The panther smiled at him and took his arm off, only for Kevin to put his arm over his neck and pull him close.

"Cheers for the wolfy!" Kevin said, putting his lemper in the air while pulling the grey wolf close.

Everyone laughed merrily and did the same. "Cheers!"

Tom couldn't join, though, since he was pressed against the red wolf's barely clothed body. His scent was everywhere; Tom could even feel his pecs against his nape... wow they were thick. While this was hot, it was also embarrassing, so he pushed Kevin's thighs to get away. Sadly, the red wolf only pulled him closer, oblivious to his attempt.

Looking up, he saw Max's looking at him apologetically from another sofa in front of him, then glared intensely at Kevin.

"Kev, sorry, mate, would you just..."