Chapter 29: Office Mates

Warning: This chapter contains... uh... it contains... just read it by yourselves.

---

Max Kleinschmidt: "How about we meet up at Legerville Station n decide later? I dunno either lol"

He typed his reply. "Ok. See ya at 12ish. You mind if I bring Lucas? Our office is empty rn."

Putting his phone down, Tom let out a sigh. He was done replying to the emails an hour ago, which left him with nothing to do. Today was a quiet day, there were few things to be done and the office was half empty. The girl trio along with Jonas, the boss, and some others went to a new branch in the next province for a week, leaving only a few behind. It was a blessing for him since it meant he could stare at Lucas without anyone noticing.

The coyote was deep in his computer, had been for a few hours. He said he was rebuilding this month's customer repository since the previous file was messy. Tom had taken a look at it before and he couldn't agree more.

Lucas was so serious and undisturbed until he didn't realise anything happening around him, not even when someone called him across the room. That made Tom able to stare at him for the last hour without being noticed.

Of all the desks available in the office, why did he have to sit there? His table was just in the right position for Tom to see him in the perfect, most alluring way possible. His shoulders looked wide, his muscles observable, and most of all, nothing was covering his face except for his occasional hand gripping the end of his muzzle as he pondered in thought, which coupled with his serious expression, made him look like the baddest, manliest daddy no one should ever mess with.

He felt like a creep, staring at someone like this.

His phone rang again, and he picked it up with a blushing face when Lucas stretched a bit, not even looking away from the screen.

Max Kleinschmidt: "No probs. See ya"

Probably he'd need some moments to collect himself before asking the coyote.

His phone rang again, this time with an alarm, telling him it was now lunchtime. Well, here goes.

Taking a breath, he put his computer into hibernation and tidied up his desk. He was done with the report drafts, so onto the bin they went. After everything was done, he stood up and walked towards the coyote's desk.

"Lucas?"

No response. He was still staring at the screen, scrolling and typing.

Tom put his hand on Lucas' shoulder, making him jump a bit and look at the wolf. "Whoa! Sorry, Tom, didn't see you there!"

"I noticed. You've been staring at the screen for hours." He chuckled while ignoring the firmness of his shoulder. "It's lunchtime. Want to get some food, mate?"

"Sure." Lucas turned back to the monitor and stretched his arms. "Well, this still needs time. I'll continue later."

"I'm going to have lunch with Max. You want to come along?"

The coyote stopped stretching. "Max?"

"Yeah."

"Of course!" He said with enthusiasm.

-

"Looks like you two got along well." Max laughed at Tom and Lucas as they debated over the last slice of the steak.

They stopped and looked at Max, ears down from being called out.

"Um, just eat it, Luc."

"Y-you eat it, Tom."