Chapter 94: Waking Up

Start from the beginning

Katsu froze, her eyes looking downward towards the emerald covered finger which still dug into her cheek. Another set of memories resurfacing.

Taro had saved her.

She did get away from it.

At that fact she could feel some helplessness lift. She wasn't alone this time. Her nakama was here.

Luffy swore he was going to keep her safe. Even if she was a coward for the time being.

"Though, that would be a waste." He continued, turning away from her and started picking stuff from a tray. "I need to dissect you first, safely of course. I still want you functioning. Every other experiment I've done since you has failed."

He turned towards her, a needle in his hand and a scalpel in the other hand. "I want to know why. Is it your genetics? Your blood type? Perhaps it was the exact age? Why has it only worked on you?"

Again, the feeling of relief Katsu had began to feel washed away instantly and she felt herself pale at the approaching needle. "No... No." She shook her head and began to thrash against the bindings. "NO!" She shrilled desperately as she tired to keep her away from the man.

The binding holding her down creaked and threatened to give away as Katsu pushed against them. However, her eyes widened when the needle stabbed into her arm and suddenly her body fell flat. She couldn't move.

"It works well," The doctor giggled, "No worries, 0791, this is simple a paralyzing serum. Going off of my notes from when you were a child, your body should burn this off in a matter of an hour. Of course by then, you'll be quite sore as I need to cut you open. First, though, I need some blood samples."

"NO!" Katsu cried, her throat raw from the sheer effort to be heard. "Luffy! You promised!!" More tears fell down her face. "Please! Captain! Zoro! Robin! SanjI! Franky!-"

The doctor jabbed Katsu in the face with his elbow with a look of annoyance. "I see you still have that stupid helpless habit of begging for help. They aren't coming."

...................................................

Law didn't admit to liking people often. However, Katsu had grown on him. He easily thought of her as a friend, though he typically refused to openly admit it. Especially to his crew, as they always tried to try and set something up between the two of them. Though Katsu only ever took it as a funny joke, and Law himself found it annoying how his crew always tried to push the two together.

Had he realized that this doctor was obsessed with Katsu because she had been his former experiment, he never would have lead her here with the rest of her crew. Had he realized she was going to end up strapped to a metal operating table as Omasu cut into her and took her blood, he would have told her to run. Why didn't her fear click earlier? Why had he passed it off as nothing but her being a coward?

To make it all worse, Caesar was basically live broadcasting Katsu's suffering in front of him and her crew mates. If he considered himself angry, then there was no word made to describe the anger both Luffy and Robin were feeling.

Even both Smoker and Tashigi looked both angered and highly disgusted at the sight in front of them. Despite Katsu being a pirate, they agreed nobody deserved what was being done to her.

"Luffy!! You Promised!!"

Luffy banged his head against the metal cage they were inside, his eyes white with anger. "I'm going to kick your ass. Let go of Katsu!!" He demanded.

Luffy hated that not only had he broken his promise to keep Katsu away from the doctor, but now she was suffering. He absolutely loathed the sound of her voice as she screamed over the live recording.

Caesar smiled, looking back at them. "Oh? But the best part has yet to come up. He hasn't even cut her open to see how everything worked so well on her." A sickening laugh escaped the gas man. "Don't worry, she likely won't remember you later, so no need to feel any guilt."

"We're going to ensure you have a slow and painful death." Robin promised, her voice stone cold as she glared at Caesar. "You'll wish we just cut off your testicles. Luffy will get first hit, then Zoro and I'll make sure to hold him back just enough to keep you breathing. Sanji. Then the rest of us."

Law glanced over at Robin. He was positive she has already planned out not only Caesar's torture but also Omasu's.

He wanted to be apart of her plan. However, he also will need to make sure they stay alive for his plan to work out.

..........................................

End of Chapter 94!

Sorry for the super short chapter! I've been having a lot of issues with my hand this week, which comes from the mix of both the past injury which I'm still doing physical therapy for as well as the osteoarthritis... However, I really wanted to get a chapter out, and with my timing lately this is how much I could do for it to flow right.

The next chapter will be posted later today so stay tuned! It's like 2am currently so I won't be posting it until the afternoon or evening, and I would like to crash for the night. Also, yes I just had to put in some input from Law as I've noticed some shippers. Don't worry, there will be other moments from other characters as well, especially the Zatsu shippers.

This is not edited.