Annabeth Chase x Percy Jackson x Reader (Whose It Gonna Be) Part 1

Requested by @DigitalARTAndGamingz

I was in the tool shop, remaking a necklace with a locket on it that once belonged to my mum, a gift from my dad before he left her, or so I'm told. My dad left my mum before I was even born and I was never told why. When I say that I'm remaking the locket, I mean that because it got so badly damaged in the accident that had cost my mother her life, it needs to be fixed up in case I ever want to wear it, a reminder that my mother is still here with me. Since I'm really good with my hands when it comes to building and creating things, I decided that I would fix the locket myself. I don't know why, but when I'm building things, everything just comes naturally to me and I know what I need to use and what to do. I've been working on the locket for so long, but I'm determined to finish it. I admit that every time I look at the locket, I'm reminded of the tragic day that I lost my mum. It haunts me to this day, even still because I was there when she died.

Flashback

I was on my way home from school with more cuts and bruises on my body. The mean and popular girl at school, Kelli, had cornered me at school and started attacking me. She's been attacking me any chance she could get ever since she arrived to Goode High Academy. I have no idea why she attacks me, one time to the point of nearly killing me, as I have done nothing to her. I've had nothing to do with her yet she just hates me. She always gives me this look of hate every time she sees me and take any chance she could get to attack me. My mum knows about it and she had tried to do something about it, but her efforts were left in vain and nothing was going to stop these attacks. I just let out a sigh and continued walking. After a while, I made it home and when I entered, I found my mum sitting in the kitchen and having an afternoon snack. When she saw me, she sent me a smile but then she saw the cuts and bruises on my body and she immediately became concerned and worried. She stopped eating and rushed over to me.

"Y/n, are you ok? What did Kelli do this time?"

"She cornered me at school and attacked me once again. What I don't understand is, why is she doing this to me? I've had nothing to do with her yet she just hates me. With all the attacking she does, it's like she wants to kill me. I'm amazed that she hasn't killed me yet with everything that she has done. Do you have any ideas why she is doing this to me?" All mum did was hugged me and said,

"I'm sorry you have to go through this sweetheart. I really wish I knew why she is doing this and how to stop it. There is nothing I can do, you know that. I have done everything that I could to try and stop her, but everything has been in vain and nothing can be done to stop her. Now to out your stuff away while I fix you up an afternoon snack." I just nodded my head and left the kitchen, making my way to my room. When I got of my to my room, I put my bag down on my bed and walked back to the kitchen where I found mum just finishing up my snack. I sat down at the table and mum brought the food over. We both sat down in silence. After a while, a smell of burning was in the air.

"Mum, do you smell that?"

"Yeah, I do." Before anything else was said, flames began to ignite around us. Mum and I looked at each other and we got up from the table and we rushed to the front door. Just as we were about to open the door, it came crashing down in front of us and in flames. We slowly backed away from the door and quickly looked for another exit.

"The back door." Mum said to me and we ran straight to the back door, only to find it ignited in flames.

"Mum, what do we do? How are we going to escape?" Mum was frantically looking around when she suddenly grabbed my hand and ran towards one of the windows. When we got to one of the windows, mum smashed the glass and started pushing me out of the window. I was small enough to fit through and just as I was about to help mum, the roof collapsed on her and had fallen onto her legs, stopping her and trapping her.