Leo Valdez x Reader (Opposites Attract)

L/n - means last name

Y/n's POV

My name is y/n and up until a week ago, I was just a normal girl sitting at home and living with my mum. Then, all of a sudden I get attacked by hellhounds, my mum tells me to pack up my stuff, then she drops me off at some camp. The worst part is that she just dropped me off and left me here. No explanation at all. So I just walked to the camp. At first glance, I thought that it was just some strawberry field, then I got a better look and saw so much more. There were so many people there, they were wearing orange shirts that said Camp Half-Blood, there was a sword arena where people were fighting with actual weapons like swords, spears and bow and arrows. I thought what kind of camp is this? I kept walking until I got to a border. I looked up and saw that the writing was in Greek, but I could understand it perfectly. It read Camp Half-Blood. I entered the camp and as soon as I did, someone had noticed me and walked up to me.

"Hey, you must be a new camper. Come with me to the Big House and we'll go see Chiron. He will explain everything for you. By the way my name is Leo Valdez." He held out his hand and I shook it.

"My name is y/n l/n. Please to meet you Leo. And some explanations would be nice." With that, we went off to the Big House. When we got there, Leo said that we needed to see Chiron. Something that I wasn't expecting was that Chiron was a centaur. Leo said that he had to get back to his cabin, so that left me with Chiron. Chiron told me to sit down so he can explain everything to me.

"Please to meet you y/n. I know you might be confused right now, but don't worry. Camp Half-Blood is the most safest place someone like you can be. I know your mother just dropped you off with no explanation, but that is because she didn't have time to explain. She wanted you to be safe from the monsters that would be coming after you. Those monsters had come after you to try to kill you. No mortal would have seen what you have seen, but that's because they aren't demigods, or Half-mortal Half-God. If your mother didn't send you here, more dangerous monsters would have found you because of the strong and powerful aura you have around you." Well that settles it. I'm a demigod.

"So, if my mum is mortal, who is my dad?" As soon as I said that, Chiron pointed above my head and when I looked up, I saw a symbol of a trident. Chiron told me that I have just been claimed and that my father is Poseidon. He told me to go to Poseidon's cabin and that is where I will be staying. He also said that there is someone else in the cabin who is my half sibling. So I made my way to the cabin, met my half sibling, Percy Jackson, and settled in. After a while, asked what cabin Leo Valdez is in and he told me he is in the Hephaestus cabin. He told me where it is and I went to go to talk to Leo. I don't know why, but it's like I have a connection with him. Could it be love?

Leo's POV

After I took y/n to the Big House, I went back to my cabin and started making new weapons for the camp. After a while, one of my siblings told me that someone was here and they wanted to talk to me. I went to the door and saw that y/n was standing there.

"Hey Leo. I was wondering if you could show me around the camp and maybe get to know each other?" Y/n had asked me. I was a little shocked. No girl asks me to show them around the camp. I don't know why, but I feel some type of connection to y/n. I said yes to her and we started our tour. After a couple of hours, we had talked so much, it was like we had known each other our whole lives. When the conch horn had sounded, I told y/n it was time for dinner and then we made our separate ways. After dinner we all went to our cabins. I got back to crafting weapons, then got some sleep.

2 weeks later

It's already been 2 weeks since y/n has arrived. We talked everyday, I showed her some of the weapons I was going to make, we trained together and we hung out all the time. I've even shown her the special ability I have that I can produce fire. I've also fallen in love with y/n and I was determined to tell her. The next time we had hung out, I decided we should go to the beach for a while. We just sat on the sand and started watching the sunset. It was a beautiful sight. I looked to my side and noticed that y/n was looking into my eyes as I was looking into hers. I had started to lean in and so did she. After a few seconds, our lips had connected and we kissed. After some time we pulled away and I decided that it was the perfect time to tell her now I felt.

"Y/n, I love you so much. Will you be my girlfriend?" I said to her while looking into her sea green eyes.

"Yes Leo, I'll be your girlfriend. And I love you to." Was y/n reply. I was so happy that I kissed her again and some parts of my body started to set on fire just a little bit. Y/n laughed and used the water from the ocean to put the fire out. We spent a lot of time at the beach and it was a perfect date.

Fire and water, two completely different elements. I guess you can say opposites attract.