Percy Jackson x Reader (Meant to Be) Part 2 (Final)

When Percy said that he likes Annabeth and wants to ask her out, I felt my heart break. I didn't want him to know that something was wrong, so I put on a fake smile. Sure, my heart is broken, but I'm still going to give him advice to help him, even though it kills me inside.

"Percy, why don't you just tell her how you feel? Go to her and be honest with your feelings. You don't have to something big when confessing. Sometimes, just saying how you truly feel about someone is the best thing to do because the words you say would be cherished by the one you're saying them to. Words are a powerful thing, especially when emotion is behind them." He leaned over and gave me a hug.

"Thank you so much Y/n. I'm going to go and tell her now. I'll see you later at the party. Oh, and I'm so happy that you're back. We missed you." He gave me one more hug and then left the beach, leaving me there all alone. As soon as he left, tears formed in my eyes and streamed down my cheeks. 'Why?' I thought. 'Why can't he feel the same way I feel about him?' I buried my head in my hands and cried as my heart was broken and full of pain. After crying for so long, I had no more tears. My eyes felt heavy and before I knew it, I succumbed to the darkness.

Dream

I found myself in Olympus, the throne room to be exact. I looked around and no one was in sight.

"Hello?" Suddenly, there was a flash and standing before me was Aphrodite, Goddess of Beauty. I immediately bowed and said,

"My Lady," She walked over to me and said,

"Rise daughter of Zeus. I have summoned you here because there is something you need to know. It's about Percy." The mention of his name had my full attention.

"What about him?" She motioned me over as she walked over to her throne. I followed her as she spoke,

"You wonder don't you? Why you love water just as much as Percy, even though you're a daughter of the sky?"

"Well, yeah. I admit that it's strange."

"Have you ever heard of soulmates, people who are destined to be together, that they were meant to be?" All I did was nod my head as she continued on. "You and Percy are soulmates. You are meant to be, no matter what you think. You love Percy just as much as he loves you." I shook my head and said,

"No disrespect my Lady, but if that was true, why would he ask me for advice on asking out Annabeth? No matter how much I didn't want to, I gave him the advice he was asking for so he could tell her how he feels. I'm nothing more than a friend, no matter how much I wish we were more." I looked to the ground as I spoke. I felt fingers under my chin, tilting my face upwards so I was looking at Aphrodite.

"Y/n, just because you don't believe me, doesn't mean it's not true. I am the Goddess of love, I know these things. Yes, he may have asked advice about telling Annabeth how he feels, but that doesn't mean that he loves her the way he loves you. His mind is saying Annabeth, but his heart says you. You're the one he belongs with, you two are meant to be."

"My Lady, I want to believe you, I truly do. But, it's hard when he has feelings for Annabeth. How can I believe that we're meant to be when he wants another?" Aphrodite placed her hand on my shoulder and said,

"Just believe Y/n, you two are soulmates."

"I hope so, I really do love him."

"Ok. Now, I believe it is time for you to wake up dear. Just remember to believe." Everything began to fade until there was nothing but darkness.

End of dream

As I awoke I found that I was still at the beach. I looked around and saw the moon high up in the sky. I decided that I wasn't going to go to the party, but to stay here and enjoy the view. Waves are crashing softly against the shore and the moonlight reflecting off the water. The view was truly amazing. I let out a content sigh and said,