Reflections

Dean's POV

tap

tap-tap

tap-tap-tap

"Sammy please stop." I shouted. Sam looked at me and stopped his pencil tapping.

"Sorry." He muttered. He went back to his homework. I sighed and went back to what I was doing. A surprise for Cas.

"Thanks." I said.

"Is Bobby going to be home tonight at the regular time?" Sam asked.

"Why gotta date?" I teased.

"No." Sam said. "I'm just curious."

"I think so. I mean he would've called or something." Dean said.

"Yeah. You're right." Sam said. He slammed his notebook and ran upstairs.

"Well um nice talking to you too Sammy." I said. Of course, I gained nothing in return. My phone vibrated on the table.

Charlie: Dean, you're boyfriend is freaking out. Plz call him.

I looked at my phone with scrunched eyebrows. I sighed and sent a quick text back. I then proceeded to call Cas.

"H-hello?" Cas asked. His voice shaky and panicked.

"Cas you alright?" I asked.

"Charlie, right?" Cas asked right away.

"Yeah. But what's wrong? I can tell something's off." I said.

"It's a whole bunch of things right now. I-I mean the game and the play and I guess family and-" Cas rambled off.

"Cas what's wrong with your family? I thought you guys took care of everything." I asked.

"We did. But my brother is trying to take me and Gabriel away. I mean I don't think he can do that. But who knows." Cas said. I could imagine him, his cheeks red from tears and anger, his damn hair even more messed up.

"Cas, everything's going to be fine. Trust me. I'll help if I'm needed." I said.

"Thank you Dean." Cas said.

"No problem. Bye Cas." I said.

"Good bye Dean." Cas said. I could hear his smile as he ended the call. I began to wonder, which I guess isn't a good thing. One of the reasons being, I get stuck within my own ideas. Number two, I tend to fret over completely stupid things. And number three, I get lost here. My head is intense, like if I think to long, I think about my dad. I think even longer, I think about how crappy he is. Then, a door cracks open, and memories of my mom spill in. Now my mom was awesome. Cut the crust of my sandwiches, made me soup when I was sick, had great taste in music. But I saw her die. I watched her burn on Sammy's ceiling. I don't want to talk to anyone about it. They'll think I'm crazy. Maybe I am, but I'm positive on what I saw. I'm positive that my mom was burning above my baby brothers crib. And that my dad actually did something heroic to save us and didn't just ditch us somewhere.

"Dean?" Sam asked. I blinked a couple times and I was back in reality. Sam had a plate of food in front of him. Bobby was looking at me while holding another plate.

"You ok, boy? You've been staring in space for about an hour now." Bobby said. A plate of mac'n'cheese sat in front of me.

"I was thinking about mom." I said. Sam and Bobby sat quiet and both looked at me with the same exact look. Sympathy danced in their eyes.

"Well eat up. You've got games this week." Bobby said changing the subject. I nodded and started eating. Our family dinners were a social affair, we talked and told bad jokes, like a true family. It made me feel better about everything. I helped Bobby clean up and then helped Sammy fix his bike after his chain broke on it. I put him to bed, also.

"Sam, you're in high school. I'm going to say goodnight and leave." I said.

"Dean, please." Sam asked looking at me. He had these big puppy dog eyes that could get him the world. I sighed and sat down on his bed.

"Ok fine, ya' bitch." I said.

"Jerk." Sam said under his breath. I smiled and tapped nervously on my leg.

"M-mom was awesome. She'd cut off my crust and sing hey Jude to put us to sleep, because lullabies were overrated." I said. Sam smiled, like all the times I've told him this. Sam was 6 months old when she died. He just wanted a picture of the woman living. "Now get to bed." I said with a smirk. Sam sighed and laid back in bed.

"Night, Sammy." I said.

"Night Dean." Sam said.

~~~~~

"Can I tell you something Cas?" I asked my boyfriend as we were laying on his roof. It had been a long day. This is what we were talking about for tutoring.

"Sure." Cas said looking at me.

"I think Angels and Demons are real." I said. Cas's expression changed to a confused one. "Like I've thought about this for a while."

"Dean, I thought I was the religious one here?" Cas asked with a smile.

"Cas I'm serious." I said. Cas sat up and looked at the street.

"I know you are Dean." Cas said. "I'm sorry for being rude. Just, my brother, says my mother died because she was a sinner. He would say her own demons killed her." Cas said.

"Cas, I'm sorry." I said. "Maybe we should hunt those sons of bitches down."

"Dean they'd kill you, I'm sure of it." Cas said rolling his eyes.

"Yeah probably." I said with a shrug. The two of us were quiet for a bit. There were times when we didn't talk a all. It was a natural thing for Cas and I. Now I guess, demons were a natural thing too. Who'd think?