Friends With The Monster

Castiel's POV

"Castiel, Cassie, Yo Cas!" Someone yelled into my ear. I shot up and hit my head with someone else. "God, Cassie. That hurt." A blonde haired boy said.

"Gabriel, don't do that." I said.

"Sorry, Cas. Dad said to wake you up, 'cuz a shiny black steed is here for you." Gabriel said.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's got a hot moose like human in it also. I think I should hit that." Gabriel said chewing his bottom lip. Gabriel was homeschooled because he's been kicked out of seven private schools for hitting on people. The kid's only fourteen!

"Ok get out. I'm gonna get ready." I said slipping out of bed. I ran to my window and saw Dean leaning on the good of his car. When did we agree to this? Oh right, last night where my family embarrassed me at dinner. I quickly threw clothes on. I grabbed a bottle of dry shampoo and put it in my hair. If I was going to be late, I was going to be hygienic. I was brushing my teeth when someone walked into my room.

"We could be late." Dean said. I turned around and kept my toothbrush in my mouth. "Are you almost ready?" He asked looking at me. His cheeks were red. It took me a moment to realize why. My shirt was missing.

"Oh uh yeah." I said with a mouthful of toothbrush.

"Ok." Dean said. I turned back and spit my toothpaste out. I walked back out to my room and grabbed my shirt off my bed. I grabbed a hoodie of my desk chair and put on my converse. I ran downstairs to see Dean and Gabriel talking.

"Hey I'm ready." I said pulling on my backpack.

"Food, Castiel." Becky said handing me a bagel.

"Thank you Becky." I said with a smile. Becky wasn't my birth mother. My mother was only around until I was four.

"Cas you ok?" Dean asked placing his hand.

"Yeah, yes. I'm fine. I said wiping the tears running down my face. Just the thoughts of her were making me cry.

"Ok. Lets roll out." Dean said with a smile. I was eating my bagel as I stood outside Dean's car. He told me that he didn't want me eating in Baby. I finished it and slid into the back. I didn't even notice that Gabriel was talking to Sam. Sam seemed to be embarrassed.

"Lets go." Dean said. He rolled his eyes and Gabriel walked away with his hands up. Dean thanked him and we started driving to school. I was looking through a couple of texts sent to the tech crew and about auditions for some of the actors.

"Hey Cas, have fun with Dean last night?" Sam asked.

"We only studied." I said.

"And had dinner. With your parents." Sam said with a snicker.

"Ignore him. He's been doing this every since I got home." Dean said. "He wants to believe we're a thing." I could hear his eyes rolling as he said it.

"Hot, Dean?" Sam asked laughing. I rolled my eyes at the brothers. I can't escape it at home. And with Sam and Dean, I can't escape the brotherly love either.

~~~~~

"You're getting rides from him?! Ah, my otp is gonna have babies!" Charlie yelled at lunch.

"Seriously Charlie?" I asked taking a bite out of my carrot.

"Well I mean it's impossible for you guys to have babies, because you know you guys are, well, guys." Charlie said. "But still, I think he likes you." she said.

"He's the star of the football team. And what am I? A nerd who his team hates. I found five different hate letters in my locker." I said looking at my friend.

"Again? I swear, I'm going to-" Charlie said.

"Hey, anyone siting here?" Dean asked behind me. I turned around and he stood there with a tray of food.

"Sit down please." Charlie said. I looked down at my food as he sat down next to me.

"You're sitting here?" I asked.

"Yeah. You guys are cooler than my backstabbing friends." Dean said. He took one of my carrots and ate one.

"Really?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah. I can't stand hearing their bullshit music anymore or their stupid shows. Why can anyone like good stuff anymore?" Dean asked practically ranting.

"Old stuff like?" Charlie asked.

"Like Zepplin or ACDC, old stuff like that. Ya' know the classics." Dean said. I was listening and I felt things hitting my back. But I stiffened up when I felt the cold liquid hit my back.

"Cassie?" Charlie asked. I got up and ran out. As I did some jocks and cheerleaders laughed at me.

"Where are you going, Nerdstiel?" Lisa Breaden said.

"Yeah man, take a joke." Gordon said laughing. I ran out of the cafeteria and to the bathroom. I took off my sweatshirt and looked at it. It seemed to be a mixture of mashed potatoes and orange juice and applesauce. I sighed and leaned on the sink. I felt tears running down my face. Why can't I have something nice for once? Gabriel was lucky with his safe homeschooled bubble. I felt my arm, where they were. The marks that remind me that I am human. I feel the pain, but there's always so much pain. I fell against the wall and started crying even more.

~~~~~

Dean's POV

"Really guys?" I asked as I got up to confront my "friends".

"What Deano? We hit your boyfriend with something you help dream up?" Gordon challenged.

"Shut up. Where's Crowley?" I asked with a growl.

"Right here, Squirrel, you want me?" Crowley asked. I grabbed him by the collar and pushed him into the wall.

"You son of a bitch, stop it. He is nicer than any of you." I said.

"You are the one who trash his seat Winchester. You are the one who started to make his life hell." Crowley said. I hit him against the wall again.

"Shut up. And stop. Just stop making his life hell. He's a good guy, better than all of you." I said letting him go. I turned to Charlie who was looking at me like I just challenged the king. I walked out of the room and to Cas's locker. I've been putting notes in there for a while. But he never sees them. They're always hidden within the hate notes. But I've memorized his combo from last night. I opened it and the notes fell out. I looked at the door, pictures of Cas and his brother. Him with a woman and his dad.

"That's my mom." Cas said. I turned to see him. His eyes were red and puffy.

"She looks like you." I said.

"You remembered my combination?" He asked.

"Yeah. I have a knack for remembering things." I said awkwardly. Cas stifled a laugh and walked to me.

"I apologize for running out. It's just-" Cas started.

"Cas cut the crap. I helped cause your life to be a living hell. And I regret every moment. That shit right there, those idiots pulled, that's called making your life hell. " I said.

"Dean, you were doing what you thought was right and I'm fine." Cas said.

"Cas you don't understand. I wasn't doing what I thought would help me be happy. I was doing what I had to to fit in. I spent at least six hours with you and I decided that I was a giant douche." I said.

"Dean I never though you a-a that. I was never mad at you. You were the only one who actually talked to me. Even if it was for a couple of days. For one period." Cas said. "I'm not going to have this though. We're going to be late." He said with a smile. He reached over to shut his locker but I grabbed his arm. I could hear his breath hitch.

"Geez Cas, excited." I teased. His face scrunched up and I let go.

"Lets get to class, Dean." Cas said seriously.

"Yes sir, Castiel." I said with a smile. He flashed a small smile and walked away. I couldn't help but watch him. I might have accidentally let my eyes rest on his ass for a bit. But I might have. Oh we still had a long day left ahead of us.